Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Fast twitch V slow twitch

• 13-04-2021 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭ fat bloke

I've watches that gain time and watches that lose time, and bizarrely a microwave with a digital clock function that, I swear to God, loses minutes a day!
    As far as wristwatches go however, I much prefer fast twitch errors. I'm much more paranoid when wearing watches that leach seconds. I guess I prefer to be a little early than a little late! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 59,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Wibbs

IIRC the general trend for manufacturers and watchmakers doing servicing was and is to err on the side of running slightly fast rather than slightly slow because of the reason you gave.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭ Lorddrakul

Aye, same here.

Always prefer a plus rather than a minus, whether it is mechanical or quartz.

Advertisement