Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Replacing stove boiler with central heating system

  • 12-04-2021 10:25pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭ DRice


    We are looking to view a house for purchase and its biggest drawback is the stove boiler. Its a c rated house in the countryside, hasnt been lived in 5 years is another concern. Decent survey would be needed obviously
    Anyone any ideas as to what cost to put in some kind of heat pump system , instant hot water.etc. efficient .Also how long would it take to install. Would consider OFCH if its a lot cheaper to install


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ Biker1


    DRice wrote: »
    We are looking to view a house for purchase and its biggest drawback is the stove boiler. Its a c rated house in the countryside, hasnt been lived in 5 years is another concern. Decent survey would be needed obviously
    Anyone any ideas as to what cost to put in some kind of heat pump system , instant hot water.etc. efficient .Also how long would it take to install. Would consider OFCH if its a lot cheaper to install

    Unless the heat loss is low enough then a heat pump is a non runner. The only way of knowing this is to get a technical assessment done. A guide price to retrofit a heat pump in an existing house can be from 12k up depending on the extras such as new radiators and pipes. 2.5k would cover the install of a new condensing oil boiler.


  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭ DRice


    Biker1 wrote: »
    Unless the heat loss is low enough then a heat pump is a non runner. The only way of knowing this is to get a technical assessment done. A guide price to retrofit a heat pump in an existing house can be from 12k up depending on the extras such as new radiators and pipes. 2.5k would cover the install of a new condensing oil boiler.

    Thanks mate. Do you think with regard to the oil boiler it should work with the existing rads?


  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ Biker1


    DRice wrote: »
    Thanks mate. Do you think with regard to the oil boiler it should work with the existing rads?

    Should be ok. Get a plumber to confirm.


Advertisement