Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monsoon Pump - Noisy

Options
  • 12-04-2021 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Have a Monsoon 1.5 bar Universal pump which is situated in the hot press upstairs in standard semi d and is used to feed both hot and cold taps in the 4 bathrooms in the house (one of which is in the attic) and also the kitchen sink hot tap and a power shower in the upstairs bathroom.

Pump is approx 10 or 11 years old

Is there anything I can do to reduce the noise it generates?
    Early mornings are a pain, the whole house is woken by it.
    I know I can switch it off during off-peak times and that is fine for all areas except the attic, where for obvious reasons of gravity, there is no flow at all without the pump.

What are my options?
    1. Replace it with a different / newer model?
    2. Replace the aeroboard under the pump with the specific mat that can be got? Link below
    https://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/product/accessories-anti-vibration-pump-mounting-pad-27124
    3. Any other options?

Picture of pump for further info:

Thanks for any info / comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Depends what the noise is.
    Is it a vibrating sound or a grating sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Depends what the noise is.
    Is it a vibrating sound or a grating sound?

There is nothing functionally wrong with the pump, so not an unusual grating noise or anything like that, just the standard noise the pump makes when running I assume.

I have bought an anti-vibration mat, but to be honest, I'm not sure it has made any difference.

Any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Is it possible to post a picture of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Is it possible to post a picture of it?

Sorry, thought I had attached a picture in the original post.
    I have since put the anti-vibration mat on top of the aeroboard and also separated 2 of the flexible hoses, which were touching and seemed to be causing vibration when the pump was running

Advertisement