Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windscreen Repair/Replacement Recommendations?

Options
  • 12-04-2021 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Hello - I have a leaky windscreen seal, it probably needs to come out to fix it properly.

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Somewhere that will take their time, and isn't just flying thru jobs being sent to them by insurance companies, I've read enough horror stories on this forum in the past.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

They are all doing insurance jobs, as that is where most of their business comes from.

What model and year is your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yeah figured as much. Maybe a panel beater might be a better option - I can see where the water is getting in if I take off the trim on the inside. I just don't really trust my skills at reassembling seals and windscreen outer trim if I pull them apart.

2010 Saab 93x

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

The panel beaters usually just get one of the windscreen companys in to do it.

If you know exactly where it is coming in (I assume you mean one of the A pillars on the side of the screen), it might be worth just calling in to one of the windscreen fitters to see if it could be sealed from the outside (it would be under any of the visible outer trims), if its not they would just remove and refit the screen.

I don't know who to advise you to go to though, its very hit and miss, depends more on the individual rather than the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭RINO87

Sure, thanks. Yeah its the top of the A pillar. Sorry I thought I had mentioned that earlier.

Advertisement