Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbs/Spices for Stir fry

Options
  • 10-04-2021 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

What herbs and spices would you add for the following,

Beef stir fry -

Chicken stir fry -

Prawn stir fry -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

I normally use ginger, garlic, chillies, smoked paprika, soy sauce in my stir fry's. Would use cajun seasoning, msg, onion powder sometimes as well but would mix and match most of those for each type dish.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd use mostly the same for beef and chicken, prawn could lead to some other flavours I guess but I don't "do" seafood so I dunno.

Garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, black pepper, small amount of five spice, tiny dash of sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce (possibly light and dark). I might use some rice vinegar for beef but wouldn't normally for chicken.

Ground lemongrass can be a decent addition but its usually sold as dried stems which are absolutely not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Same as above, I tend to use the same with all my stir fries. I marinate whatever it is I am cooking in garlic, chilli, ginger and soy sauce as a base. I would usually add coriander and cumin powder to chicken or beef and I love cashew nuts over a finished noodle stir fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Garlic, ginger, scallions, chillies, lemongrass, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, black vinegar, coriander leaves, basil leaves, parsley leaves, coconut oil, sesame oil, sesame seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts...
    That's just for a start, there are thousands of combinations

Advertisement