Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Sport -Identification and Replacement

Options
  • 09-04-2021 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Can anyone identify this shower or offer any suggestions how to identify it. i.e. is it mains/tank fed etc.

I'm looking to find a new direct replacement for it, are all the current sport fitments the same?

549675.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Are you having us on. Its written on it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,955 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Like Wearb says, it's printed on it. It's a pre 1998 Mira Sport. Could be 30 years old. Be careful replacing this. It could be as low as a 7.5KW shower. You may need to rewire back to the fusebox & install a modern tripswitch As the modern version is at least 9KW. I'd suggest getting an electrician look before you buy anything. The last thing you need is to get someone just to swap it with another electric shower without giving the electric installation a look over. Could be a major fire hazard if not done correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I knew it was a Mira Sport!

What I didn't know was kW rating and/or feeds and the current Mira Sport range is vast covering all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,955 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Chet T16 wrote:
    Can anyone identify this shower or offer any suggestions how to identify it. i.e. is it mains/tank fed etc.

You need an electrician to inspect the installation first. They will tell you if you can replace it or if it needs rewiring. It's too old a shower for anyone online to be able to advise without seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You need an electrician to inspect the installation first. They will tell you if you can replace it or if it needs rewiring. It's too old a shower for anyone online to be able to advise without seeing it

OK thanks. I'll get someone to have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭John.G

The colours are still fantastic, have you taken it out of its box yet!.

If you take the front cover off (isolate first) the kw rating may be stamped on the heating can, it is on my 15 year old Sport,and if you mutiply this rating by 0.92 you will get its output at 230V. There may be two screws on the top and one on the bottom securing the cover, put the control knobs to mid scale before pulling them off, first.

Advertisement