Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirelli Cinturato Velo

Options
  • 08-04-2021 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a set of these? I see on the rolling resistance website they're highly rated for puncture resistance ahead of the Gatorskin Hardshell and Durano Plus, rolling resistance is also lower than the GP 4 Seasons.

They're on the heavier side at just over 300g for 26c but the few posts I've seen them mentioned online have been positive about grip and no mention of the weight giving a harsh or slow ride.

I have a new bike on the way for commuting and was looking at these to replace the stock 32c tyres, I'd rather walk in my bare feet than use the Marathon Plus, the Gatorskin Hardshell have terrible grip and I found the Durano Plus cut up too easily. I have the Michelin Pro4 Endurance v2 on my road bike as I wanted something with a bit of protection that still felt like a normal tyre and happy enough with them but it seems for a small increase in rolling resistance/weight the Pirelli have a decent increase in protection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That sounds like a unicorn tyre! Better protection than Gators and faster than GP4S - what kinda prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

MojoMaker wrote: »
    That sounds like a unicorn tyre! Better protection than Gators and faster than GP4S - what kinda prices?

If I recall bike24 had them at around €40 a tyre for 24/26c (odd sizing) although some places are up to €50-60 depending on size.

Puncture resistance, decent rolling resistance and good grip, seems too good to be true but I might take a gamble on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Schwalbe Duranos show cuts easily I find too but they almost never get through. I counted 30 or so cuts on my last change without flat.

I remember they looked jewel encrusted, so much so I had to take a photo.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hkkAr3F

I look forward to testing the Pirelli Unicorn

Advertisement