Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thru Axle Adapter for Turbo Trainers

Options
  • 08-04-2021 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,
    After a recent bike change I'm now looking into adapters to fit
    a bike with a thru axle onto a Wheel On QR turbo trainer(Elite Novo).

My search brought me to this adaptor
    https://www.rosebikes.com/elite-thru-axle-adapter-1012mm-for-turbo-trainers-854319

I am wondering if anybody has used one of these? It doesn't look like it threads into
    the frame, my main worry is that it would put pressure on the threads and potentialy
    deform them is this a rational thing to be worrying about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bluejohn1

I went the more diy way. Has worked great. Picked up all the parts in BnQ. The face on my tru axle has got a bit scratched up but other than that its been fine and held up great over the winter. Maybe not the best solution. But I wasn't paying for an adapter that cost same/more than my cheap aldi trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

Bluejohn1 wrote: »
    I went the more diy way. Has worked great. Picked up all the parts in BnQ. The face on my tru axle has got a bit scratched up but other than that its been fine and held up great over the winter. Maybe not the best solution. But I wasn't paying for an adapter that cost same/more than my cheap aldi trainer.

thanks, looks pretty straight forward, I think I might give this a go

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bluejohn1

Takca wrote: »
    thanks, looks pretty straight forward, I think I might give this a go

Just bring your tru axle along with you. Handy for making sure the m4 bolts fit as one side might be smaller on one side.

Advertisement