Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with loud noise and ignition from Baxi Boiler

Options
  • 08-04-2021 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I’m new here so sorry if I don’t do something correct. However, we’ve been in this house a few months with no problems with the system. Yesterday when I went to turn it on there was a loud crackling noise and it scared the he’ll out of me so I switched it off. It continued for a few more tries to i gave up and contacted the landlord. When he came up he left it running and because the sound goes away and the boiler returns to normal after a few minutes he says it’s fine.

But after the boiler turns off and back on again the problem is back and I just don’t see how it can be fine. In the video I’ve attached you can hear the sound but can also see how whatever causes the sound also causes the flame to go out and have to reignite and this happens repeatedly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

youtube.com/shorts/G5Z2OUXZFP0?feature=share

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Sounds electrical, possibly there is an issue with the flame rectification, making the boiler intermittently re-spark.

Have an RGI come and have a look, doesn't sound to be more than that.

Advertisement