Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone battery replacements

Options
  • 07-04-2021 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I have an S7 edge a little over two years and the battery barely lasts 6 hrs. Samsung battery replacement is €240.

Anyone know where to buy a replacement battery that will actually work? I saw some on Adverts for €11 but am doubtful they will last.
    Anyone any feedback on non Samsung replacement batteries? Do they work for starters and would be grateful for a recommended place to buy... (Ps. I've fixed many screens on smart phones but never actually installed a replacement battery.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

leinster93 wrote: »
    I have an S7 edge a little over two years and the battery barely lasts 6 hrs. Samsung battery replacement is €240.

Anyone know where to buy a replacement battery that will actually work? I saw some on Adverts for €11 but am doubtful they will last.
    Anyone any feedback on non Samsung replacement batteries? Do they work for starters and would be grateful for a recommended place to buy... (Ps. I've fixed many screens on smart phones but never actually installed a replacement battery.)

That fonfix crowd do it for under €60 on the s10, give them a shout or check online, don't quote me but think they're an approved repairer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Fonefix are approved and there will be a minimum charge just to look at the phone.Most batts sold online will last a year if not over charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Mjolnir wrote: »
    That fonfix crowd do it for under €60 on the s10, give them a shout or check online, don't quote me but think they're an approved repairer too.

Thanks, the screen is shattered but still in place while the rear panel is cracked. I have replacements ready to go and was wondering about battery replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

leinster93 wrote: »
    Thanks, the screen is shattered but still in place while the rear panel is cracked. I have replacements ready to go and was wondering about battery replacements.

If you're competent and happy enough to do it yourself while doing the panels anyway I'd personally buy a new battery and give it a shot its not super complicated by any means.
    There's plenty online under €50 with decent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Any idea if the charge connection something that is known to go on Samsung S10e's?
    my phone is just under 2 years and the battery life is definitely poorer,
    but for a long time, I noticed the charge lead just falls out and I regularily have to press it in to get it to charge, but any movement and it can stop charging,

Im tempted to get the battery replaced at the same time, its definitely poorer than before, anyone know what batteries they use, OEM parts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

1874 wrote: »
    Any idea if the charge connection something that is known to go on Samsung S10e's?
    my phone is just under 2 years and the battery life is definitely poorer,
    but for a long time, I noticed the charge lead just falls out and I regularily have to press it in to get it to charge, but any movement and it can stop charging,

Im tempted to get the battery replaced at the same time, its definitely poorer than before, anyone know what batteries they use, OEM parts?

EB-BG970ABU for Samsung Galaxy S10E 

Advertisement