Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drop in pressure when toilet flushed

Options
  • 07-04-2021 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, over the last year I have been noticing a steady drop in the pressure to my say shower when the likes of a tap is turned on or toilet flushed or someone using another shower ......my system is off a private well via a tank in the shed and boosted into the house the system is 10 years old and the only issue I had was a failed expansion tank failing and falling off the wall (replaced) any ideas bar the pump is on the way out :cool::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

The most plausible explanation is that your boost pump is not performing as it once was. That is the first thing I would check, also check for some flow restrictions (blocked filter, valve partially closed, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I have a grunfos MQ pump does anyone service these or is it best to just let it fizzle out

So went and back via the pipe work and cleaned out the pressure reducing cartridge ....full of brown rusty type stuff ... improved the flow

Here is the sound of the booster pump .....doesn't sound 100% to me what ye think

https://twitter.com/JohnCorbett2/status/1381980889505263628?s=19

Advertisement