Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for SEO Services

Options
  • 07-04-2021 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend companies in Ireland that can provide SEO services? I have a website that I want to get ranking on Google for a large number of longtail keywords. My budget is tight but I'd rather not outsource to companies on the likes of Fiverr/Upwork/etc. I'd prefer to hire an Irish company if possible. I've found some places via Google, but I thought people here might have some recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JohnRock

You can try SMK Marketing

More about the owner here

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

JohnRock wrote: »
    You can try SMK Marketing

More about the owner here

Thanks for the suggestion. Any particular reason why you'd recommend this company? Have you worked with them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JohnRock

I haven't worked with him but I spoke to one of his clients and she was happy with the service he provided

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It's difficult to recommend SEO services to anyone on a low budget.

Good SEO by its nature is highly valuable. Because of that, any good SEO provider is going to charge a significant amount for the value they create for their clients. That typically moves them out of out of reach of lower budget clients.

You could get lucky with a low cost provider who is just starting out. The risk is you're part of their learning curve. The rewards could be worth that risk.

On the other hand, run a mile from bottom of the barrel low cost SEO providers. They could significantly damage your website rankings permanently.

My advice depends on your situation:

1) If you're a local business providing services within a catchment area (e.g. dentist, cafe, solicitor, etc), then read and implement everything in AHREFs Guide to Local SEO

2) If you're not in the situation above, and are competing on a broader stage, forget about SEO to start with, work on your brand and positioning, and start out with a narrow niche focus using social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Trojan wrote: »
    It's difficult to recommend SEO services to anyone on a low budget.

Good SEO by its nature is highly valuable. Because of that, any good SEO provider is going to charge a significant amount for the value they create for their clients. That typically moves them out of out of reach of lower budget clients.

You could get lucky with a low cost provider who is just starting out. The risk is you're part of their learning curve. The rewards could be worth that risk.

On the other hand, run a mile from bottom of the barrel low cost SEO providers. They could significantly damage your website rankings permanently.

My advice depends on your situation:

1) If you're a local business providing services within a catchment area (e.g. dentist, cafe, solicitor, etc), then read and implement everything in AHREFs Guide to Local SEO

2) If you're not in the situation above, and are competing on a broader stage, forget about SEO to start with, work on your brand and positioning, and start out with a narrow niche focus using social media.

Thanks for the feedback. In terms of my situation, I'd be scenario 2. It's a global niche review website with approx. 4000 listings currently. What I would like to rank for is longtail keywords, for example: "[listing name] ranking" and "[listing name] reviews". Many of these keywords are low competition. I launched the site at the start of 2019. It's been a side project for me. Up until now I havent put money into marketing/advertising. I've been working on building the brand myself. Currently I'd get about 8,000 unique visits per month and on average about 70 reviews submitted per day. I just think the only way to take the site to the next level is by investing money into the SEO side of things. But I do understand what you are saying about getting what you pay for! Also if you'd like to see the website let me know and I can send it to you via PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can probably do a lot of the work yourself using tools like SEMRush

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

mneylon wrote: »
    You can probably do a lot of the work yourself using tools like SEMRush

Doing it yourself might get kinda tricky IMO.

Even if you just hit the 3 SEO main areas. Namely Off-page SEO, On-page SEO (incl keywords) and lastly technical SEO.

You are going to need a range of skills to do the job properly. Off-page SEO will involve Digital PR, linkable assets and backlink outreach. On-page SEO will require knowledge of semantic markup, content creation and keyword research. Technical SEO will require coding ability.

Learn as much as you can OP. Then get a reasonably priced professional to do the work for you. Good job for buying Irish and staying away from fiverr BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nardeant

It's wise to avoid platforms like Fiverr or Upwork if you're looking for a more personalized, local touch. Engaging with an Irish SEO company can offer a unique advantage in terms of understanding your target market and tailoring strategies accordingly. About Local SEO – it's like the secret sauce for businesses like yours. It focuses on improving your website's visibility within your immediate geographical area. Picture this: When someone in Ireland searches for services related to your niche, your website pops up right at the top. That's what Local SEO can achieve for you. To dive deeper into this topic, I suggest checking out a blog post about the benefits from Local SEO. It's an insightful read that can provide you with valuable tips and insights. Plus, it's always a good idea to educate yourself about the strategies that will be employed on your website.

Advertisement