Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can’t connect Garmin HRM and cadence sensor to Zwift

Options
  • 07-04-2021 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi just getting setup on zwift and I couldn’t connect my Garmin HRM and cadence sensor (both came with Garmin 520 bundle).

Tried searching for the devices in the menu and they wouldn’t show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

What device are you using? I believe both of htese sensors are ANT+ so are you using an Ant+ USB or anythig?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭rdhma

Are you trying to connect the sensors to a laptop with bluetooth?

I've not had much luck with that, instead I got a USB ANT+ dongle, less than €20 and reliable connection on Zwift.

To clarify, Garmin's newer sensors do include both bluetooth and ANT+, but no Garmin product I've owned has had a reliable bluetooth connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ryans1993

What device are you using? I believe both of htese sensors are ANT+ so are you using an Ant+ USB or anythig?

I’m using a windows laptop, I wasn’t sure if it was a weak connection and that I might need a ANT+ dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ryans1993

rdhma wrote: »
    Are you trying to connect the sensors to a laptop with bluetooth?

I've not had much luck with that, instead I got a USB ANT+ dongle, less than €20 and reliable connection on Zwift.

To clarify, Garmin's newer sensors do include both bluetooth and ANT+, but no Garmin product I've owned has had a reliable bluetooth connection.

Yes a windows laptop.

That’s great I might pick up one of those so, where did you get yours?

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I got mine on Wiggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

Got one on eBay about 18 months ago for 10 or 12 euro or so. Does the job absolutely perfectly.

Advertisement