Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urea caused fertiliser burn

Options
  • 06-04-2021 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Last year we spread urea on our lawn and 2 weeks later we spread some nitro on and it worked well. So this year we planned to do the same. 2 weeks I ago I spread the Urea, these brown patches appeared and after some googling it seems to be fertiliser burn :-( Will I go ahead and spread the nitro anyway or what do ye suggest?

jW6mc3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

boardtc wrote: »
    Last year we spread urea on our lawn and 2 weeks later we spread some nitro on and it worked well. So this year we planned to do the same. 2 weeks I ago I spread the Urea, these brown patches appeared and after some googling it seems to be fertiliser burn :-( Will I go ahead and spread the nitro anyway or what do ye suggest?

jW6mc3.jpg

It's over kill of nitrogen.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭boardtc

Ok. Sounds like I spread too much :-( What are my options now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

boardtc wrote: »
    Ok. Sounds like I spread too much :-( What are my options now?

Rake it to disturb the soil and sow more seed.. And hope

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭boardtc

What a mess up, and I thought most of the work was done :-(

Advertisement