Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Monday 5th April - Fairyhouse Thread (for all but the grand National) and Cork

Options
  • 05-04-2021 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

The last day of Fairyhouse for me to win anything looking like a respectable sum. Both RTE and ITV4 have the racing from the second race until the National on their terrestrial coverage. Cork has more jumps (that I'd probably have been a lot better off looking at) but that's on RTV, none of this blessed TG4 coverage like the first day where the terrestrial station covered both Irish meets.

1.50 - Cork - Jumps - RTV
    2.05 - Fairyhouse - Jumps and the National - RTV (And RTE and ITV4 from 2.30pm)
    Silly British races as well, that interfere with the RTV coverage.
    1.00 - Chepstow - Jumps - SSR
    1.10 - Redcar - Flat - RTV
    1.20 - Wolverhampton - Flat - SSR
    1.45 - Kempton - Flat - RTV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

After doing the bollocks yesterday and piling on money when I shouldn't have my betting account has a very somber feeling. The good work I did on piddly Maiden meets getting me back to even was wasted away with ridiculous bets with no account for the quality of the racing and then lumping extra on as Sunday went on. I'm convinced it's because the house is busy with people feck-arsing around with their days off not leaving me in peace.

Anyway... Fairyhouse...At least all my bets are for fun money and pride more than anything.

Jon Ess – 14/1 ew 4 places – It’s jumping has been mostly fine, but it’s showed a lot of pace on the flat, but not quite getting there. It looks like, for me, the ground, distance and jumps are all coming together for the right race. I did like Big King in this beforehand, but looking over it again in my selections I’m not sure it’s lived up to its odds. I’m sure I’ll regret not selecting it thought, after I did the same with Stand Off yesterday.

Nazine – 14/1 ew 2 places – This is purely based on seeing the horse run two weeks ago, where it took a maiden hurdle magnificently. The same could be said for Coventry, so really it’s a coin flip over which you pick to upset the odds in this race. I was heading towards Coventry last night, as it’s had one more race, and even though a faller it was closer on heavier ground, showing it has something. However that fall tells me its jumping goes a little when it’s tired, so Nazine is a little more speculative, but that’s what this is. A speculative gamble.

Red Gerry – 12/1 – ew 3 places – One that’s been offered a similar distance before. Not the best horse, but it might come together with the ground and 2m6f for this. Millen To One is a strong horse, on any distance and any ground, but I’m not sure its win was against good horse and it could win despite mistakes, and I’m a little unimpressed by how rarely it’s managed to close out a race. Aarons Day was the other horse I liked, but I’m unsure it’ll see out the distance on this.

Sixshooter – 8/1 ew 2places - Beacons Edge withdrawn which throws this race open a little. I think Sixshooter is a little bit of a plot. At the start of the year it went 2m2.5f and 2m4f and did well, then this year it was dropped to 2m and put to 3m and although doing ok, didn’t manage amazingly. Again, it’s a horse where distance and ground should suit.

Battleoverdoyen – 9/2 – Again, taking on a favourite. Again, it’s ground and distance deciding it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Surely Fakir Doudairies gets the win today!!
    Chased home CPS and Allaho in his last 2 starts so obviously still in good form.
    Last win was at Fairyhouse at 2m4 albeit left clear when Samcro fell.
    Put in a double with Teahupoo at 4/5, easy peasy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I've no idea what happened with Jon Ess in the market with it coming in second in the race. It went from 12/1 in the morning, out to 33/1 and I got 28/1 ew with BOG. Maybe as it's a syndicate they all lumped on early and the general market had no idea, or discounted them at the shorter price?

I have to be happy, although I was thinking of putting money on some of the Cork races but I'm not too sure now and maybe I should just count my winnings (even though I'm down for the day still, and well down on the weekend.) Feeling kind of uneasy now, like I've used up my luck.

Edit: Took Crosshue Boy at 50/1 ew in the 3 O'Clock in Cork. Huge odds, and a horse that's failed completely at longer distances. He's old, he's been useless, but the ground and short run might just be a final hurrah. I quite like Pottlerath in this 2.35, but it's a wide open field and I'm not confident at the odds with no wins so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

absolute howler from jack kennedy

Advertisement