Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C licence rigid test

• 04-04-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I was just reaching out to see if I could get some information on the C Licence Rigid test. Im sitting mine on Tuesday and although I have had some lessons, im still unsure of what to expect on the day.

Could anyone give me some info on what to expect on the day? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

It's very much like the car test really, but in a truck of course.

You'll be called on your phone to ask the Covid related questions

You'll head inside wearing a face mask, and I think you'll be requested to wash your hands / use hand sanitizer.

You'll sit down at the desk, the examiner will ask for your learner permit to confirm details.

Then they examiner will explain the process to you, but they will start by asking you questions based on the truck and general rules of the road. (Theory test questions)

You will then head outside to the truck, where the examiner will start off with an examination of the outside lights, such as brake lights, indicators etc.

You will also do the engine checks there. They will be looking up see you can identify Oil, coolant, screen wash, brake fluid & power steering fluid (if applicable).

Then you get into the truck and the examiner will ask you to identify primary controls, such as handbrake etc. Then secondary controls such as demister for the windscreen fogging up.

Then depending on the time, you may be asked to do the reverse around the corner first or last but let's go with first for conversation sake.

You will drive across to an area where you will perform the reverse around the corner. Because it's the Rigid truck, you'll be reversing both left and right hand reverse.

Once done there you will head out the gate for your on the road driving test. A serious of roads from town/village and depending where you do it probably a R type road for N type road with a speed limit of 80KMH.

You return to the test center and that's the driving test complete.

You'll be asked to turn off the truck etc and return to the office to get your results.

***CPC Practical***

If you are doing the CPC as part of the test then this is generally done before your actual driving test,

It starts with theory questions that are truck specific rules of the road , such as your speed limit , mad gross vehicle weight for your truck (based on number of axles) and so on.

One done there you will go out to the truck and you will explain and show the examiner 5 safety checks you would perform before operating your vehicle.
    Such as , checking tyres for thread depth, deforms, damage, wheels nuts etc.
    Lights, windscreen damage, documents such as tax, insurance, CVRT. Checking mirrors etc.

Once done you return to the office and the examiner will give you the results of the CPC.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

It's very much like the car test really, but in a truck of course.

You'll be called on your phone to ask the Covid related questions

You'll head inside wearing a face mask, and I think you'll be requested to wash your hands / use hand sanitizer.

You'll sit down at the desk, the examiner will ask for your learner permit to confirm details.

Then they examiner will explain the process to you, but they will start by asking you questions based on the truck and general rules of the road. (Theory test questions)

You will then head outside to the truck, where the examiner will start off with an examination of the outside lights, such as brake lights, indicators etc.

You will also do the engine checks there. They will be looking up see you can identify Oil, coolant, screen wash, brake fluid & power steering fluid (if applicable).

Then you get into the truck and the examiner will ask you to identify primary controls, such as handbrake etc. Then secondary controls such as demister for the windscreen fogging up.

Then depending on the time, you may be asked to do the reverse around the corner first or last but let's go with first for conversation sake.

You will drive across to an area where you will perform the reverse around the corner. Because it's the Rigid truck, you'll be reversing both left and right hand reverse.

Once done there you will head out the gate for your on the road driving test. A serious of roads from town/village and depending where you do it probably a R type road for N type road with a speed limit of 80KMH.

You return to the test center and that's the driving test complete.

You'll be asked to turn off the truck etc and return to the office to get your results.

***CPC Practical***

If you are doing the CPC as part of the test then this is generally done before your actual driving test,

It starts with theory questions that are truck specific rules of the road , such as your speed limit , mad gross vehicle weight for your truck (based on number of axles) and so on.

One done there you will go out to the truck and you will explain and show the examiner 5 safety checks you would perform before operating your vehicle.
    Such as , checking tyres for thread depth, deforms, damage, wheels nuts etc.
    Lights, windscreen damage, documents such as tax, insurance, CVRT. Checking mirrors etc.

Once done you return to the office and the examiner will give you the results of the CPC.

Good luck

Thank you so much for the info friend. It has put my mind somewhat at easy. I really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Paddy_Mski wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the info friend. It has put my mind somewhat at easy. I really appreciate it!

Not a bother, any questions feel free to ask,

Good luck with your test !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MurphMurphy

I've joined the waiting list for the rigid test in Dublin, any idea how long the wait is now please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 botond007

Hi,

can u write to me about the cpc practical test please?

what else they can ask?

tomorrow i have a booth test.

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OP - If you are doing the test in an largely urban environment where there are weight restricted roads, be wary when the examiner says "I want you to take the next AVAILABLE left/right". That is an indication that the next actual turn is weight restricted.

Advertisement