Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser boiler - condensate pipe outside

Options
  • 04-04-2021 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

I got a condenser boiler installed a few months ago. From what I read recently, the condensate is supposed to be taken out by pipe to a drain or soakpit?

The problem I have is that the condensation is causing pools of water to collect over the back roof. The pipe seems to just taper off and is not feeding into anything.

Is this an issue or should I get it remedied (in terms of the condensate potentially causing issues?). There is a pump inside, also in pic.

Thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=549192&stc=1&d=1617547431

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Get installer back to finish the job. That's not acceptable. Condensate is slightly acidic and needs to be disposed of properly.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wearb wrote: »
    Get installer back to finish the job. That's not acceptable. Condensate is slightly acidic and needs to be disposed of properly.

Thanks Wearb. Can I ask - what should have been done - pipe all the way to a drain, or one of those limestone boxes I read about?

And would it be acceptable if the soakbox is directly underneath the pipe in that pic - is it as simple as that?

Thanks.

Yes a drain or limestone box situated the correct distance from any foundations.
    Is it a gas boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wearb wrote: »
    Yes a drain or limestone box situated the correct distance from any foundations.
    Is it a gas boiler?

Yes, a worcester gas boiler. Thanks.

Yes, a worcester gas boiler. Thanks.

Leave it up to installer to sort. I wouldn't be happy to to have just a neutralising box on the end of that pipe and have the flow from that just dribble out on to roof.

• Advertisement
Advertisement