Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Pressure Balancing TRVs

Options
  • 04-04-2021 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Anybody used/came across these??.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Funny enough I was looking at Danfoss smart valves and came across these during the research. If they live up to the promise they will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Funny enough I was looking at Danfoss smart valves and came across these during the research. If they live up to the promise they will be great.

Lads sorry for cutting in here ! Would you happen to know if you can get a TRV that you can fit on to the on/ off side of a rad ? Thanks , sorry for butting in - just hoping to avoid any plumbing work !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Lads sorry for cutting in here ! Would you happen to know if you can get a TRV that you can fit on to the on/ off side of a rad ? Thanks , sorry for butting in - just hoping to avoid any plumbing work !

Most trvs are bi direction

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Most trvs are bi direction

Thanks a mill - not sure what that means - I’d imagine , maybe can be put in either end of rad - complete non plunber - reasonable handyman !!

Just a follow up - can you put a TRV onto the end of the radiator - that currently you use to turn the radiator on/ off - without additional plumbing required ? I.e. empty the water - pressure down system - bleed it etc -
    Thanks a mill
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thanks a mill - not sure what that means - I’d imagine , maybe can be put in either end of rad - complete non plunber - reasonable handyman !!

Just a follow up - can you put a TRV onto the end of the radiator - that currently you use to turn the radiator on/ off - without additional plumbing required ? I.e. empty the water - pressure down system - bleed it etc -
    Thanks a mill
    Paddy

No m8 you will need to fit a new valve to accept the TRV head, so drain down is needed.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    No m8 you will need to fit a new valve to accept the TRV head, so drain down is needed.

Ah Brill - at least I know , thanks a million-
    A guy in uk who does basic plumbing diy videos on you tube , say you can get them - with no need to drain down - didn’t think you could -
    Thanks very much Indeed-

Paddy

Advertisement