Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIR boards

Options
  • 03-04-2021 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all. I have priced PIR boards with the 3 main suppliers in Ireland. I am aware of the need to keep it tight to the inner leaf to avoid thermal looping but my question is which of the 3 provides a best solution in relation to the joints between each board... isn’t where they butt up against each other a weak point also.. what’s the general best method of practice in this case?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Where they butt up against each other is indeed a weak point that is often ignored.

Tongue and groove joints will assist in this greatly. Depending on the type of PIR you use the joints should possibly be taped.

Finally - breathing down the block-layers neck as they install the boards will be essential!

Advertisement