Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Chromecast 1st gen

Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ matzen

Would someone here happen to know of it's possible to get the Google Chromecast 1st gen in Ireland?

They seem kinda expensive on eBay.

Comments

• matzen wrote: »
    Would someone here happen to know of it's possible to get the Google Chromecast 1st gen in Ireland?

They seem kinda expensive on eBay.

Are you referring to the chromecast audio with the 3.5mm jack or just the gen1 HDMI one?

If the former, i saw some refurbished for sale in the uk i think.

• Idleater wrote: »
    Are you referring to the chromecast audio with the 3.5mm jack or just the gen1 HDMI one?

If the former, i saw some refurbished for sale in the uk i think.
    It would be the hdmi one. Just need it for casting from certain apps to the tv and the 1st gen is powered through the usb which is great.

• matzen wrote: »
    It would be the hdmi one. Just need it for casting from certain apps to the tv and the 1st gen is powered through the usb which is great.

Em, they are all powered via USB.

• Em, they are all powered via USB.

I assume that the op wants to plug it into a USB port rather than the external power adapter. This might work better for the gen1 though it's not recommended for either as the power draw isn't necessarily stable or guaranteed from a say tv circuit board.

• Idleater wrote: »
    I assume that the op wants to plug it into a USB port rather than the external power adapter. This might work better for the gen1 though it's not recommended for either as the power draw isn't necessarily stable or guaranteed from a say tv circuit board.

Call me thick but I'm a little puzzled, all the Chromecasts are USB powered?

• Advertisement

• Call me thick but I'm a little puzzled, all the Chromecasts are USB powered?

Yes they are. I have all variations of them in my home.

• i have a spare one if you want to pm me.

Advertisement