Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Burner won't fire, suspect fire safety valve

Options
  • 02-04-2021 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Any help greatly appreciated.

The wife was painting the decking yesterday, possibly a coincidence but since then heating won't come on. I tried pressing the red button the boiler, with the heating on constant but it revs up and fails to fire smoke after 10-20 seconds. There's plenty of oil in tank and the tiger loop is about 1/6 full.

I'm hoping she just hit off the fire safety valve outside boiler when painting. However, embarrassingly, I can't figure it out. I've tried pushing pulling and placing the wire each and every way and still fails to fire.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Here's pics

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Could you just disconnect the cable for the fire safety and see if it starts up? Does it fire up then cut out.

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Could you just disconnect the cable for the fire safety and see if it starts up? Does it fire up then cut out.

Hi mickuhaha. This is were the embarrassment kicks in. I don't know how to disconnect or what disconnected looks like!

In the two pics I sent on of fire safety I don't know which one of them is connected/triggered Vs not, or if either of them are!

Oh well I just broke the cable trying to disconnect it

They look closed. I think you turn right and pull up.

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    Oh well I just broke the cable trying to disconnect it

Well you will need to change them at the next service. But you can manually open it. it just won't close as a safety by itself if there is a fire.

mickuhaha wrote: »
    They look closed. I think you turn right and pull up.

Managed to pull it up, took a bit of strength but between that and pressing the button 3 or 4 times it eventually fired. Thanks!

I'll get the cable replaced in a few days.

Advertisement