Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All That Glitters- Britain's Next Jewellery Star

Options
  • 01-04-2021 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭

BBC 2 have just shown a trailer for this. (Previously mentioned in great pottery throw down thread)

Due to start Tuesday 13th.

Get our creative fix in :) Looks good, though I'm not a fan of the presenter.. time will tell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not a fan of her either but it's a skill show so will definitely be tuning in as long as it doesn't clash with sewing bee !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not a fan of her either but it's a skill show so will definitely be tuning in as long as it doesn't clash with sewing bee !

Both run on bbc2 so doubt it will clash.

I'll be tuning in for both anyway :)

Just went to set up the planner to record this.

Seems to be on Wednesday 14th BBC 2 19-20h

Then the great british sewing bee is on BBC 1 at 21-22h

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hope you didn't miss ep 1, it was on this evening!

I think with all the stuff that was missed last weekend there was a lot of rejigging of schedules.

I wasn't overly impressed with it tbh..... I don't mind K Ryan, but the judges seem devoid of any personality at all.

And it's so hard to get a feel for something like jewellery via the screen.... it's such a tactile thing.

Anyway, will give it another episode or two..... and no doubt the contestants' personalities will suck me right in and I'll be hooked!

No I watched it but it seems to be on again tonight...no idea :)

Ryan was fairly calm during the show so she didn't bother me at all.

It wasn't all that exciting but then we haven't had a chance to get to know the contestants. In all these shows I think week 1 should be a grace week were everyone settles in and no one goes home.

I'll definitely tune in again.

• Advertisement

Still fairly slow going, but I do find it interesting.

I like sonny and Dan.

I thought Tamara's necklace looked like paperclips joined together. I think she's on borrowed time.

I like Sonny and Dan too. Was almost yelling at the tv when he put it in the oven and went to the sink! Very talented lot

I like Sonny and Dan too. Was almost yelling at the tv when he put it in the oven and went to the sink! Very talented lot
    Clever editing, that!

God, but the judges are a joyless pair in this :(

I'm finding it hard to warm to any of it, tbh - will give it another week or two, but it's far and away the least fun of any of these shows. And at this stage, with all the doom and gloom in the world, I just want a bit of FUN!

I love the idea of Dan's orchid ring, I think it's beautiful - but for me he ruined it with the colours, especially the awful yellow edges.

Anyone else pick up a vibe between him and Solange that you could cut with a knife?? I can almost hear the air crackle when she's judging him!!

I wish they'd shown the seashell ring properly, I still have no clear idea of what it actually looks like.

The glass ring in the (unset) epoxy was beautiful - simple in shape but those colours! What a shame he couldn't finish it properly.

Wow, Tamara's is FABULOUS!!

Sonny's skull.... just no. Not for me.

The blonde girl's paper ring was a disaster. Poor her.

Tamara FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No pun intended but the show really lacks any lustre.
    Thought Solange was unnecessarily harsh about Dan's ring. Although I agree, the yellow edges ruined it.

• Advertisement

I'm going off Solange more and more by the minute! There's just nothing positive about her at all.

It'll be a bit mean if them if they let Sonny do 5 hours of work and don't point out his mistake..... although the rules is the rules I suppose, and he should've read em.....

ETA ah, he copped it. Phew! They'll hang him for the mistake though, I reckon.

None of these are really grabbing me..... I think nocola's probably has most potential for me.....

I suspect Sonny is for the high jump.

Hugo's would get you arrested for wearing an offensive weapon! Those points :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I really liked Hugo's

Lee's is just a mess :confused:

Whaaaaat?????

Ah, delighted for Tamara!

There's absolutely zero craic with these judges. I think Ryan is actually doing an alright job presenting.

I thought Lee was going to go, his ring was nice but he didn't really do much, the raw material did it all. His necklace jesus what was that blue stuff, like off cuts from a diy project the kids cobbled together for a laugh.

Hugo's stuff is fabulous, I liked both pieces.

Tamara's ring and necklace were gorgeous, but I think I wouldn't have the long strips of material in the middle, I'd have just left them framing the piece. She's being edited to be abit of a weapon with the faces she's pulling when there's noise. ....it's a workshop of course there will be noise.

Sonny had a lucky escape.

I wonder if Lees piece hadn't been chosen would nicola have survived, as lee has been weak each week, just performing a fraction above the worst.

My God, if Solange gets out the other end of this series without someone giving her a box on the nose, it'll be a miracle :(

Nothing but negativity, the whole time.

I absolutely love Tamara's work this week, both of hers would be the pieces I'd choose.

Finals! Anyone watching? Or are you all on RTE 2 for the Eurovision? :)

• Advertisement

Finals! Anyone watching? Or are you all on RTE 2 for the Eurovision? :)
    I was going to watch, but decided to suffer the Eurovision instead (stupid decision, in hindsight, but I'm in now so have to see it through).

Will be catching up straight after!

You stick with it Heidi. I flicked over to watch Ireland and then switched back :)

Delighted for him!

He was so focused right from the start.

I liked most of Dan's pieces but he just seemed to float along with no real direction, though he was my favourite to win.

Tamara's designs wouldn't be my style.

I think I'm a little burnt out with these shows though, same as the sewing bee, the contestants are all abit dreary, but that could be covid lockdown fatigue too.

Awwww, I was so hoping Tamara would win! Although I didn't really think she would, she just didn't have that WOW factor that they were looking for.

But hers is the jewellery I'd definitely buy, more so than the other two. Beautifully simple, and elegant.

Hugo's was just a bit..... fussy, for my liking. Too much going on.

And Dan's was just a bit old-fashioned or something. His stuff reminded me of Emma Stewart Liberty jewellery which we all had bits of back in the 80's and 90's (and absolutely loved!)

But that's all a matter of taste, at the end of the day.

Advertisement