Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME Placement Dublin

Options
  • 01-04-2021 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, Just wonder if anyone could tell me the best way to go about securing PME placement in Dublin. My subjects are English and History and I am currently doing an MA in History and teaching First year undergrads. I am not from Dublin, but will be moving there in September. I have tried emailing but so far no responses, DCU have given me a deadline of the 4th of June to sort it out. Any advice on how to get placement would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Treppen

Just pick up the phone and start ringing around and follow up with email. They might be out for Easter though!
    Although there's LC orals going on so they might be around... be very nice to the secretary always. They're the gatekeepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hi everyone, Just wonder if anyone could tell me the best way to go about securing PME placement in Dublin. My subjects are English and History and I am currently doing an MA in History and teaching First year undergrads. I am not from Dublin, but will be moving there in September. I have tried emailing but so far no responses, DCU have given me a deadline of the 4th of June to sort it out. Any advice on how to get placement would be appreciated.

Schooldays.ie has a list of schools by geographical area, usually with a link to the school website. If the listed email address is an eircom.net one, keep looking for contact details, a lot of schools changed address when eir started to charge for emails in 2020.

Do you know where you'll be living yet? Do some research on the schools on the list, see if they look like the ethos is a good fit, and start emailing / ringing. Make a shortlist of your preferred locations, and then back-up lists, and keep track of when you contacted the schools, what response you got etc.

June 4th is very close, good luck. If it's anything like Primary at the moment, don't be disheartened if you have to contact 50-70 schools. I was lucky to get a school in my initial 10. Also, they'll be swamped with *everything* at the moment, including queries for placement, you won't always get a reply so if you don't hear back from them, it's absolutely not personal.

Advertisement