Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPH Controls Thermostat losing connection

Options
  • 01-04-2021 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Good morning all!

I have an EPH controls wireless thermostat that is losing connection to the main programmer. The heating system is working fine but there’s no temperature showing in the Ember App for the system. This is because the thermostat is dropping its connection. It’s the RFR A1718A and has been working perfectly well for over 3 years now. I have changed the batteries and have followed the guidance on reconnecting the stat, this is successful but drops again in less than a few hours. I’ve changed the batteries but wanted to see if any experts here might throw a bit of light on the situation? It’s stumping me!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Anything new, like a fridge between the two? Any new wifi devices? New modem? These are the sort of questions that Ive been asked by tech support when trying to sort out such problems.
    They can be difficult to fix.

I no longer offer support to customers that I install such devices for, except for 1 phone call. After that they have to contact device support company,or pay my hourly rate, fix or no fix. It had become a time sink and negated any profit from the install.

Perhaps give EPH a call, they are a mainstream supplier and probably have good support. I've only used hard wired stuff from them, so never needed to call them.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

Read somewhere that important to use only "good" batteries like duracell for these devices but probably no real basis for this?.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭elgicko

Make sure your app is up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Davidor2000

John.G wrote: »
    Read somewhere that important to use only "good" batteries like duracell for these devices but probably no real basis for this?.

This actually fixed it. I changed the batteries to a better branded set and it’s working fine now. Odd one but there you go.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions!

Advertisement