Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just getting home, feet walked off myself overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Coffee with a view after a gym session. Gotta pick up a few things in Tesco and then I'll make a big sausage, bacon and veggie stew when I get home. The Glenroes will probably kick in at some time this evening though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, using the bank holiday to do some marking, course admin stuff and other bits and pieces ahead of the new semester starting next week.

Grandeeod - great to see you here after a long absence! 😊👍👍

Sorry to hear that the family and yourself had the Covid - and wishing Mrs G a full and speedy recovery. 🥰

I just want to see a clear road out of this seemingly never-ending Covid nightmare at this stage. 😷😷 There has to be some hope for 2022.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle again. Let me off the hamster wheel damn it!. 😂

The feckin price of a bag of cans from tomorrow!. 😮

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AS if we haven’t suffered enough. How about a COVID discount eh government??

And half the pubs closed for January *sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G heading into day 6 of sickness but not getting any worse. Still sick though. Me and Ms G over it to some degree despite small niggly things. Hard to believe it can be so different. I feel so guilty about bringing it home, but it's out there all over the place. Once Mrs G is clear, gonna book a hotel break in the knowledge we are clear for a while. She also has a Tenerife trip to look forward to in June, all going well.

G I honestly think unless one lives in a hermetically sealed environment they'll be exposed. Glad to hear Mrs G is holding steady.. Don't beat yourself up..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pissing snow and sleet here. Cats are in. (yes we have a new one) Ms G chatting online about whether School will reopen. Suppin a beer. Chilled. At the tech desk by lunch time tomorrow. No Glenroes at all!

• Advertisement

I have my hat on in the office, not good 🤣 ooh new cat? Any photos or details? Details, hah

I have enough Glenroes here for the whole country. Alarm just set for 6.45am, praying the car won't be frozen or roads icy, fmlfmlfml.

I could change department but I don't really want to, it could be much worse but I'll miss my couch, rubbish tv and crushed grapes.☺️

Ah I was thinking that's unsustainable dread for work but I might have had too much emphasis on the fml stuff oops

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We (I mean me really ) demand pictures said new cat G ! 🐈

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting on the balcony with the mutt, have to admit that I’m extremely happy that I didn’t get my PCR results yet as it means I can’t travel :):) Flight is in 3 hours.

Ooh convenient 😊

Well talk about “talking too soon”, test result is positive so 10 days isolation required. Tested negative on the 01st and positive on the 03rd, only unmasked place that I visited was the barber shop :)

Do you get to isolate at home?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table.....back to work this morning....where did the last 2 weeks go to so fast?

Why is it that I could wake up at this time during my hols and no bother hopping out of bed but yet when it's the alarm clock waking me then I feel like death warmed up?

I really have a dislike for this work malarchy

This process is totally automated, from the time I got the positive result text message, I also got an approval for 10 days sick leave. My Covid passport changed colour which means I can’t enter any buildings and I’m tracked by a different APP. I’m also expecting daily phone calls to check that I’m OK and isolating.

This is a joke.🙁

That's a horrible way to be, hope the feeling fcuks off lively

No complaints from this guy about me staying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Hope you're not feeling too ill and get to enjoy the isolation with that beautiful dog. I have escaped so far but will be ferrying grandchildren to school again from Thursday. Masks on and windows open but it's difficult to avoid the hugs as I drop the littlest one off to playschool.

No one in their house has tested positive so they are being very careful also.

Home in pyjamas, wife gone to start training, was a super anxious house there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, busy working away.

Chilly dry crisp early January day today in Dublin 7 - might get into the park later on for a stroll to clear the cobwebs.

Off work for the week. 3 college assignments to do......

I need a holiday 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂😂😂

Advertisement