Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They showed a clip on that recently. Think it was on the program "the way we were" The episode they showed was to do with Christmas trees being stolen. It was the most "Country" thing I've ever seen....they had little to be worrying about 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,393 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ah, it's a different version of it. Actually seems like the movie revolves around this song in places, so best to avoid if you really don't like that song. 😝

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Far too traumatised to go near anything affiliated with the accursed noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sometimes I give up 🤯

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just home after a lovely evening out with friends. Have been keeping a low profile in recent months since Mam died so it was nice to get out and meet people.

Obviously I have been lurking here

Good to hear from you @Samsgirl sorry about your loss.. Always welcome to lurk here 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Thanks Grem 😊

Glad you had a nice evening, it can be hard to be kind to ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Work...Office....yuck.....new class starting today.........oh I hope they're OK, not like the last bunch 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Advertisement

Put yourself in the bold corner and ignore them 😂

18 minutes to "all in all you're just another brick in the wall"

This is my work desktop background.

I find it incredibly calming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Time to rouse the beast.....

Bowser I love love love that painting, I'll try share mine later if I think of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, getting down to another weeks' work...

OH is still in a bad low and we now have to postpone things etc as a result. Glad to have that cardiac monitor finally off and took a long shower this morning!

Anyone else think that TV adverts were so very much better (and original) back in the 1980s and 90s before stifling PC took hold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting at home with an electric massager following 24 hours in a metal tube. Sad part was that most of the interesting parts were at night so no photos :)

Mutt by my feet wondering if there is anymore left over steaks :):)

Yes, now I want steak and onions..mushrooms too. And decent spuds. And gravy.

It's all become very narrow minded these days. The irony of that. PC is the death bell for artistic endeavour, certainly any means to make money from same. The free thinkers are not encouraged anymore. Maybe that's what the system wants. Zero resistance.

• Advertisement

Cant you see I’m busy 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭thomil

Hey everyone,

I'm just after starting to dig myself out of the biggest black hole I've been in in years. Over the last few days, I've been dealing with an old injury becoming infected, resulting in some scary high fevers up to and beyond 40°C. I only caught on to the likely issue yesterday, so I spent Friday and the entire weekend freaking out trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. Couple that with very little actual sleep and I was basically a nervous blubbering wreck by Sunday afternoon. Seriously, with the amount I cried for seemingly no reason, I was worried Irish Water were going to issue a hose pipe ban! All joking aside though, by the evening I finally snapped and called an ambulance and thank god I did so. They gave me thorough checkup, talked me down and basically just advised me to stay home, talk to my GP and get antibiotics. So that's what I've got lined up for tomorrow.

All of that on the 10th anniversary of my first full week in Ireland. My parents passed away a month or so either side of my 5th anniversary. Those big anniversaries don't really work out for me it seems...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's a rough spot you're in, Thomil. Hope you're feeling a little better and you've got plenty paracetamol on hand to treat your fever 🤒. Good lucj with the GP. Anniversaries can be really tough on us, sometimes in ways we don't expect and those you mentioned are recent enough to be raw still. So be very, very gentle with yourself and know it's OK to be feeling whatever emotion your grief is chucking at you. *hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@thomil , good on you for calling for the ambulance, hopefully you'll start to feel better soon. Hugs to you, anniversaries bring up lot's of emotions and memories 🤗🤗

Been at my desk all day.

Going to get some tea and a snack and sit outside for a bit.

This hamster is getting off his wheel. He's been pushed too far !

🤣

Sitting with the cat.

He wants his dinner.

I'm having an existential crisis.

🤣

Work trundle, many football jerseys around, might leave fb alone for the night 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,584 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting waiting for said game to start.

Go Pool !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭thomil

Hope you have a quiet shift Grem!

Deskside here, slept through most of the afternoon. Thanks so much for your replies @Mam of 4 and @Sardonicat , they really mean a lot to me 🤗

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

I know fans of both teams, i'll follow the game but skip the slagging

Feck, new bugs on this site again. My post appearing as a new post for me wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

@thomil I was sorry to read of you being unwell above. As Mam said fair play for calling the ambulance. Don't overdo the work bit though. Hugs and mind yourself.

Caught between two warring factions: Pool Vs It'd. Tis very tense....

Putting kettle on for anyone who would like a cuppa

I'll take you up on the cuppa. Seeing rescue chopper out over the mouth of the corrib on radar has given me chills

@thomil how are you doing now?

Sliding cuppa over Grem. Fancy anything with it? A little bit of ice cream and some strawberries?

Beautiful red sky here earlier but it seemed to get dark much earlier, definitely a feel of back to school/ summer over today,thought the traffic was much busier this morning also , I love Autumn but hate the thought of commuting in the dark.

On the couch with a throw wrapped around me, decided to take a day off tomorrow so really looking forward to a lie in. @thomil mind yourself, forget about work and just get some rest, hopefully you'll feel much better soon. x

• Advertisement

Nah thanks, trying to avoid the lovely sugary stuff. Boo. Salad and brown bread here, in fairness taasty af in itself

@thomil Hope you’re feeling better and take it easy on the work front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Big man hugs been sent your way...👍👍👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,584 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Waiting on Klopps interview, then bed , I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I actually said to one of my friends that tonight had a real "back to school" feel to it.

Evenings have definitely got darker , there didn't seem to be a gradual process there, just boom darkness.

• Advertisement

This site is wrecking my head again, half of my last post didn’t upload, my last post was new to me and the evenings are definitely darker 😄

We have sparrows that roost in some bushes outside the house.

They disappeared in spring time to do what birds and the bees do I suppose. They don't nest there.

And now they are back for autumn. More everyday. There is a lot of chirping and fluttering until they settle down. It's like they all have a big chat before going to bed.

They have a MUCH better bedtime routine than me.

I need to get some supper and goto bed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Speaking of going someplace. Where is the pandemic? My little university town used to be so good social distancing and masking. Now I standout as one of the few still doing so.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh wtf is with boards, the frustration, posts out of order?

@Fathom i am back to masks on bus and always distancing due to irritability moreso than health 🤣

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Campus is strictly masking, distancing, and vax boosting. But our university town acts as if the plague is history. BA5 will love them to death.

Oh basically all rules gone here except masks in HSE buildings

Here do you still hear from Swannie?? Just realised it's been a while.

Morning one and all. Kettle on, quick cuppa anyone? Been out for a walk, slightly damp with a hint of autumn. Trying to clear my head of work crap but heading deskside...

@thomil hope you had a good sleep and that things look up for you today...

I'll never say no to tae!

Having T now and it's 1 minute to workies

• Advertisement
Advertisement