Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bkool One trainer - options to connect/use

Options
  • 31-03-2021 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was gifted a Bkool One trainer like this, by which I mean it was getting thrown out, so I happily took it:

Bkool-One-Trainer.jpg

It has a USB connector for an Ant+ dongle, but not the dongle itself. I'm just trying to decide on the best way to make use of it without splashing out much money.

From what I can see, I can get TWO Ant+ dongles (one for the trainer and one for a computer), then think about what software I'm going to use with it (I don't have any sort of free simulator software included with this). From what I've read, I need to be careful which Ant+ dongles I get. Also, I'm not sure how easy it would be to hook this into Strava (or Garmin Connect, which I have from running).

Another option I can see is to just forget about the Ant+ and get a Bluetooth speedometer for the bike itself and hook that up with my Garmin running watch, which can then sync with Garmin Connect/Strava.

Really I'm just looking for any advice anyone might have. I'm honestly not sure what I want as far as live tracking of my cycles. Maybe it's enough to just track the speed/distance, or maybe I'd like to imagine I'm in a race and use a simulator. Just wondering what my options are.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Advertisement