Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cables

Options
  • 31-03-2021 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

So what preferences do people have? Does it make much of a difference to spend more? I've been looking at a few forums online and there's a lot of contradictory advice/views!

I'm going to be swapping out groupsets on 2 of my bikes, DA9100 & Ultegra 6800 and will be changing the cables in both. I'd like to try something like the Jagwire Road Elite Link or something similar for the DA build, though the OCD side of me yells "noooo, Shimano with Shimano!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Jagwire elite sealed for my best bikes. Never tried the elite link but apparantley the cables really stiff and hard to fit into anything with internal cable routing. Jagwire sport or what thw lbs has for anything else.
    Imo shimano isnt bad at all but ive foubd jagwire to be slightly cheaper and slightly nicer as their business is only really selling cables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

The elite link cables are easy enough to route internally, they come with all the bits & pieces needed. They are not cheap but I find them better then shimano and neater as they can curve with a smaller radius. However the initial fit does require patience and take your time. They also come in bling colours!
    Tony04 wrote: »
    Jagwire elite sealed for my best bikes. Never tried the elite link but apparantley the cables really stiff and hard to fit into anything with internal cable routing. Jagwire sport or what thw lbs has for anything else.
    Imo shimano isnt bad at all but ive foubd jagwire to be slightly cheaper and slightly nicer as their business is only really selling cables

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Jagwire! And yes, good cables make all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Just ordered the full Pro road set.

Advertisement