Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accurate thermomter

Options
  • 31-03-2021 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I am looking for an accurate thermometer that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. I want to use it to check the temperature in some rooms in our house as I suspect the main thermostat is not accurate in recent times.

Preference for a digital thermometer. I need to ensure it is accurate, so am wary of stuff from amazon etc as I know from experience these can be way off.

(Apologies if this is not a suitable forum, was not sure where to post)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

ec_pc wrote: »
    I am looking for an accurate thermometer that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. I want to use it to check the temperature in some rooms in our house as I suspect the main thermostat is not accurate in recent times.

Preference for a digital thermometer. I need to ensure it is accurate, so am wary of stuff from amazon etc as I know from experience these can be way off.

(Apologies if this is not a suitable forum, was not sure where to post)
    A lot of those forehead/ear thermometers have a room settings. Just be sure to put it beside the main thermostat when comparing.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

maybe cheaper just to buy a new room stat

Advertisement