Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbea Orca Garmin Mount

Options
  • 31-03-2021 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭

By any chance does anyone on here have an Orbea Orca and use their specific Garmin Mount? Pricey enough when delivery is factored in and I'm wondering if it's definitely worth the € 35 delivered? Are they sturdy or are any of the alternatives better?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've a 2019 Orca (M30) but I'm guessing that yours has the OC road stem (which I don't).
    Looking at it, it looks as if the holding pins will give after a while but maybe it's much stronger than I'm giving it credit for.
    I've been using the standard mount that came with my Garmin 520+ which uses rubber bands to hold it to the stem. 18 months later and its still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Im not familiar with the faceplate on the Orca, but have a look here. I have one from them for a Wahoo and its been very solid and looks sleek. Ive no connection with the company. https://www.jrc-components.com/collections/mounts-accessories/products/bike-stem-garmin-mount

I got my for 25Euro at the time, price has gone up a lot, but I think there is an introduction discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭g0g

I've a 2019 Orca (M30) but I'm guessing that yours has the OC road stem (which I don't).
    Looking at it, it looks as if the holding pins will give after a while but maybe it's much stronger than I'm giving it credit for.
    I've been using the standard mount that came with my Garmin 520+ which uses rubber bands to hold it to the stem. 18 months later and its still fine.
    Same bike, just picked up the 2021 version. I haven't pulled off the rubber cap yet to see how far in the screws will go. The handlebars are a funny shape and the bar tape takes a lot of space, so not sure if normal Garmin mount will be an option.
    Luxman wrote: »
    Im not familiar with the faceplate on the Orca, but have a look here. I have one from them for a Wahoo and its been very solid and looks sleek. Ive no connection with the company. https://www.jrc-components.com/collections/mounts-accessories/products/bike-stem-garmin-mount

I got my for 25Euro at the time, price has gone up a lot, but I think there is an introduction discount.
    Nice one thanks. Yeah I looks at those ones which go in 2 of the 4 screws on any faceplate, but in the case of the Orbea the space in the middle I think is different sizes of screws.

Advertisement