Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to source shimano SW-E7000 or SW-e8000

Options
  • 30-03-2021 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I crashed my e-mtb last Tuesday and broke the assistance controller switch.
    Of course with the left controller being mangled I read the part number from the DI2 shifter on the right ( SW-8050-R ) and ordered the SW-8050-L - makes sense right?

Well no, the speed controller is in fact an SW-e8000-L so the one I bought, looks like a duck, walks like a duck but is in fact a pizza

Anyway, I am desperately looking for a compatible part - SW-E6000, 7000 or 8000.
    Would anyone know where I might get one so that I can ride my bike over the long weekend ?

Or does anyone know a workaround to get the bike to change mode and turn assistance on ? ( and yes, I know just pedaling it without assistance is a workaround - but its not one I can actually use )_

thanks for any help you might have

Advertisement