Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Suzuki Swift pricing (automatic & keyless)

  • 30-03-2021 8:40pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ irelandjnr


    Suzuki website isn’t the best. I was curious how much extra the automatic transmission costs. Would anyone here know? And keyless entry? Are these extras available on the base model new Swift?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 72,768 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm


    https://www.carzone.ie/new-cars/suzuki/Swift/hatchback

    The SZ5 has keyless start, but for €23k it would want to have.
    If you’re spending that sort of money a Yaris hybrid would be worth a look.


  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ irelandjnr


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    https://www.carzone.ie/new-cars/suzuki/Swift/hatchback

    The SZ5 has keyless start, but for €23k it would want to have.
    If you’re spending that sort of money a Yaris hybrid would be worth a look.

    Isn’t the Yaris a smaller car?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ Miscreant


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    Isn’t the Yaris a smaller car?

    They are about the same size. You can get a hybrid Yaris with better spec for less than the SZ5 Swift. Have a look at the Toyota website and you'll see.


  • Registered Users Posts: 72,768 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    Isn’t the Yaris a smaller car?

    No, Yaris is longer and wider than the Swift, plus the Toyota will be more desirable second hand and will actually still have a dealer network left in Ireland when you come to trade it back in. I think Suzuki’s future in Europe is shaky.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,185 ✭✭✭✭ AMKC


    @Op Hold off and get yourself a nice top of the range Dacia Sandero new model when it comes out. It's much nicer than a Swift or a Yaris and also holds its value well.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭ Truckermal


    AMKC wrote: »
    @Op Hold off and get yourself a nice top of the range Dacia Sandero new model when it comes out. It's much nicer than a Swift or a Yaris and also holds its value well.

    I know it's April fools but............


  • Registered Users Posts: 72,768 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm


    Sure they didn’t even sell the old model in automatic here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭ wpd


    went to view a swift it reminded me of a washing machine with wheels
    very limited dealer network too
    would definitely look at yaris instead


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭ beauf


    Swifts are generally thought to be much nicer to drive than the competition. But not everyone is interested in that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,185 ✭✭✭✭ AMKC


    The new Peugeot 208 is nice.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭ 2011abc


    These are designed for lightness so will not appeal to anyone after a particularly quiet car but their speed ,handling and especially fuel economy are out of this world .But 23k for one is just silly .


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭ 2011abc


    Truckermal wrote: »
    I know it's April fools but............


    The new Dacia Sandero is a previous gen Renault Clio ,an absolute raved about car with few or no issues .(But a diesel will be far ,FAR quieter than a petrol)


  • Registered Users Posts: 72,768 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm


    New Sandero (the brand new one) is on the same platform as the current Clio.

    Not that that means a huge amount these days, given the variations on individual models on a common platform


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭ PsychoPete


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Sure they didn’t even sell the old model in automatic here.

    A lot of the first demos dealers get will be automatic


  • Registered Users Posts: 72,768 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm


    PsychoPete wrote: »
    A lot of the first demos dealers get will be automatic

    I’d say they have tonnes of old model Sanderos to get rid of. Tough situation as the margins are very tight on them and they can’t just dump them on hire companies this year.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭ beauf


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    New Sandero (the brand new one) is on the same platform as the current Clio.

    Not that that means a huge amount these days, given the variations on individual models on a common platform

    New one looks quite decent.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭ PsychoPete


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d say they have tonnes of old model Sanderos to get rid of. Tough situation as the margins are very tight on them and they can’t just dump them on hire companies this year.

    From what I hear there isn't that many to be got but that could be a covid related situation, I know thats the reason new Renault vans are hard to get


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭ ofcork


    Kevin o leary in silversprings cork have taken on suzuki.


Advertisement