Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple shower valve Cassellie issues

Options
  • 30-03-2021 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just writing to ask if anyone has installed a Cassellie triple shower thermostatic valve, the one with the square knobs.
    We are just getting hot water coming through and it will not regulate to the correct temperature.
    When we have the knob removed the temperature dial just keep spinning around, with no lock position acheived.
    Is there a calibration method required?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Is it newly installed? Has it ever worked properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Slimbo

Thanks for the reply.
    We have just installed it new this week as part of a bathroom fitout.
    I rang Cassellie this morning an Customer service said it looks like the thermostat is faulty and they will send a replacement.
    It was the first thing they said and I am a bit sceptical of that response, but don't really know either.

If its just installed I don't understand why you didn't contact the installer. Your contact is with them and they will be the ones replacing the part anyway. If the hot & cold feed is mixed up then it can cause the same issue. Installer should call & resolve the issue

We are the installers, it was our job.
    We have checked everything we possibly could and can still not get this working properly.
    I was hoping someone may have installed them before and are familiar with any issues they present.
    Or that it may be a calibration issue, or we have to do something that we have overlooked.
    It may be the thermostat as suggested by the supplier,
    I'm sure it wouldn't be the first piece of equipment that came out of a box faulty.
    Just want to make sure we are correct our end.

So long as you don't have the hot & cold feed mixed up then you most likely didn't do anything wrong. I'd have a shower per week or fortnight not working correctly straight out of the box. It's not that unusual. For certain showers we carry a spare showers and parts in the van they would be that likely not to work when installed. It means we can take the dud out & put a working one in & still get paid. There nothing worse than having to tell the homeowner that the new shower needs repairing straight out of the box.

• Advertisement

Just a quick follow up.
    The tech guy from Cassellie rang me this morning and I told him their was no lock position and the dial just kept turning.
    He went through the only issue he thought it my be, a faulty thermostat.
    He suggested we dismantle the thermostat, as it may be offline, then reassemble.
    I'll be happy to do this if it works, but other than that it just looks like a replacement will do the trick and get it working.

Just to give a final update on this.
    We installed the new thermostat yesterday, worked straight away.
    Issue resolved thankfully.

Advertisement