Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Gas

Options
  • 30-03-2021 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭

Any good dealers local to get a bottle of BBQ Gas, grey type.

usually get in Supermikes, don't even know if they are open, but often find they can be a bit rude in there.

just like to know what else is about and maybe if there are any decent prices or is it the same everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Propane patio gas? I've got it in the Circle K on Hartstown Road before.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

Yeah any of the Circle K's around provide gas for BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

any idea on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Woodie's and Roselawn Hardware also.

Please note, many places will only give you a cylinder if you're returning an empty one.

Costs 30 - 35 euro iirc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I got one in Woodies at the weekend. €36 normally, plus €30 as I was not returning one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 geejay5049

Justins in Blanchandrstown village has Grey Cylinder in stock. They charged 65 Euro without empty bottle. If you have an empty bottle its 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

I picked one up at the newsagent in Roselawn (can't remember the name) for 35 brand new, didn't return an empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Daeltaja wrote: »
    I picked one up at the newsagent in Roselawn (can't remember the name) for 35 brand new, didn't return an empty.

Sounds like somebody charged you for a refill only :D Ooops

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

For the record I tried a couple of places and it seems the going rate is €35.
    Stocks were low so I had to shop around a little, got the last bottle in Woodies last weekend, they charge €37 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

This place is local and they deliver to your door.

https://www.dublinfuels.ie/gas

I think the website prices might be out of date. I think I paid 35 for my Patio gas website says 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Tractor motors had it last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Is it ok to use a yellow gas cylinder with a a bbq? I’m sure I have with a past gas bbq.!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need to change the regulator and possibly adjust the jets for something configured for patio gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Yeah the gas itself is fine, but the connections on the yellow and grey bottles are different. Most newer BBQs only fit the grey ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

BBQ and Patio manufacturers tend to favour propane or biopropane

Advertisement