Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead guitarist wanted

Options
  • 30-03-2021 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Post lockdown, looking for a lead guitar player for gigging band.
    Band is Cavan based, drummer, bass, guitar, female lead vocals, age range mid 20s-mid 40s. Before lockdown use to play 1-2 nights a week, covers in pubs mainly in the north east (Cavan, Monaghan, Louth, Meath), but sometimes further a field. We hope to get back to that post lockdown and progress to a mix of weddings, pubs/venues and festivals a couple of nights a week. Set currently includes about 60/70 songs, classic rock based with a mix of floor fillers.
    Ideal candidate must have own transport/ professional level setup/or ability to invest in such. A professional attitude and ability to gig every weekend and be willing to practice at least once a week until up and running. Candidate must also be willing to contribute to progressing the band and investing time and effort in new band marketing ideas and website with shots and videos. Desirable to have backing vocals or lead vocals also. This is not for a beginner or someone whos only interested in getting quick cash. Main desk and pa and lights are owned already as well as van for pa transport. Band has plenty of contacts for gigs post lockdown.
    If your interested pm with
    Name, location, age, gear setup, reasons to join. I can send a link to the band fb and setlist. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Maguirearch

Hello ...I am a guitarist located in Belturbet..I hope you still need a guitarist...I am 43 and have.been playing since I was 15....my equipment needs fixing up..but that's not a major issue as I've saved up plenty of cash to do so....meanwhile I have some spare equipment here good for practicing with...I am going to invest seriously in some decent extra equipment very soon so once the pubs open I will have all the proper gear and more all fully ready for gigging

If your located in the other end of cavan ( ie kingscourt, or balieborough) I should have no problem travelling for practice once a week or even twice a week

Some of my equipment...this stuff all works fine.....Richie samboro signature fender strat...epiphone les Paul....washburn Electro Acoustic...samick Electro Acoustic....Korg effects unit....George Dennis wah wah....laney linebacker multipurpose 100watt amp...small Carlsbro PA system....
    My main vox ac 30 amp needs fixing...but im intending to buy a 2 channel 30 watt valve fender bassbreaker sooner rather than later ...I am considering buying a line 6 or keytar effects unit and a superstar aswell..but I'll get a decent new amp first....the laney solid state amp works OK as an amp in the meantime...but as we guitarist's all know you can't beat the sound of a decent valve amp

I meant to say that I am intending to buy a superstrat ( not a "superstar ")...If I have a place in your band...I will probably invest in a decent ibanez superstrat or perhaps a schecter or another fender strat with a bridge hambucker andfloating nut and tremelo fitted on it

My name: Maurice Maguire
    Reason I want to join a band: ....To earn money...I like playing music...I like to travel ...I currently have plenty of time on my hands as my last job ended due to the economic effects of the pandemic ...currently I'm on the PUP...I hope to get a job soon though....if I could earn enough money in a band or through playing music I could ditch my 9 to 5...but im quite willing to commit to a band on a part time basis..ie whilst keeping a full or part-time job....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm in Bettystown ....too far?
    Check me out on the tube ....toz71

Advertisement