Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEAI Grant for Solar Panels: staying or going?

Options
  • 30-03-2021 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I'm currently considering getting solar panels for my home, and am speaking to various different companies at the moment. One thing I'm not clear on is the grant and am getting mixed messages as to whether or not it will be discontinued when the FIT is introduced (apparently later this year).

What are people's views here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No one knows, any further comments are pure speculation.
    If that concerned then apply for grant now while the generous support exists, you have six months after approval to do your install.

Speculation, battery grant is going...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

slave1 wrote: »
    No one knows, any further comments are pure speculation.

+1
    If that concerned then apply for grant now while the generous support exists, you have six months after approval to do your install.

Great idea.
    Speculation, battery grant is going...

I'd be thinking that too and they will adjust the rest of the figures as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Had my system installed mid January, only got my grant today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rivermisty

PGL wrote: »
    Hi folks

One thing I'm not clear on is the grant and am getting mixed messages as to whether or not it will be discontinued when the FIT is introduced (apparently later this year).

Excuse my ignorance but what's the FIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

rivermisty wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what's the FIT?

Feed In Tariff

• Advertisement
Advertisement