Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out what credit you have on Ryanair vouchers?

Options
  • 29-03-2021 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭

I'd be very grateful if anyone could answer the following please:

I had a fair few cancelled flights last spring and early summer and in all cases I opted for vouchers. I actually used some of the voucher credit on flights later in summer 2020. But as flights were much cheaper than when I booked in early 2020 before Covid struck, I would only have used some of the voucher credit, with a fair bit left over.

I have print outs of emails with vouchers numbers but at this point one year on would not have a clue how much of the credit I've used or left. In fact two of us were on one booking but about two weeks ago only one of us got an email that the voucher [for the value of just one fare] is extended but no word of the other fare on that voucher.

It all seems really messy. Does anybody know how I can find out where I stand? Is it too much to hope that somewhere on the Ryanair site you can input the voucher numbers and find out how much credit you've got? Which would seem the 21st century way! I've looked on their site and on My Ryanair and no joy. But I may well have missed something. Or must I ring customer service?

Finally, is all unused credit automatically refunded?

Thanks a million to anyone who can help as I'm a bit mithered by all these long voucher numbers and no clue how much they're worth at this point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

acequion wrote: »
    I'd be very grateful if anyone could answer the following please:

I had a fair few cancelled flights last spring and early summer and in all cases I opted for vouchers. I actually used some of the voucher credit on flights later in summer 2020. But as flights were much cheaper than when I booked in early 2020 before Covid struck, I would only have used some of the voucher credit, with a fair bit left over.

I have print outs of emails with vouchers numbers but at this point one year on would not have a clue how much of the credit I've used or left. In fact two of us were on one booking but about two weeks ago only one of us got an email that the voucher [for the value of just one fare] is extended but no word of the other fare on that voucher.

It all seems really messy. Does anybody know how I can find out where I stand? Is it too much to hope that somewhere on the Ryanair site you can input the voucher numbers and find out how much credit you've got? Which would seem the 21st century way! I've looked on their site and on My Ryanair and no joy. But I may well have missed something. Or must I ring customer service?

Finally, is all unused credit automatically refunded?

Thanks a million to anyone who can help as I'm a bit mithered by all these long voucher numbers and no clue how much they're worth at this point.

I'm in the same boat so what I did was set up a dummy booking. I got to the payment page and inputted my vouchers. First one in, see what it allows, remove and replace it with the next code and so on (on the same booking), while noting what they say as I go along. Eg I have a €100 voucher, a portion of which I suspect I may have used, and when I input it it tells me I have €25 left on that one etc. Once I did that I went on live chat with the booking numbers and requested refunds so I can start again with a clean slate (I think you may be prompted to look for the refunds now on the live chat page without actually engaging in a live chat). To find live chat in the first place I eventually had to google it. Don't bother with the chat bot, just enter 'speak to agent'. They're usually quite quick and efficient though tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

I'm in the same boat so what I did was set up a dummy booking. I got to the payment page and inputted my vouchers. First one in, see what it allows, remove and replace it with the next code and so on (on the same booking), while noting what they say as I go along. Eg I have a €100 voucher, a portion of which I suspect I may have used, and when I input it it tells me I have €25 left on that one etc. Once I did that I went on live chat with the booking numbers and requested refunds so I can start again with a clean slate (I think you may be prompted to look for the refunds now on the live chat page without actually engaging in a live chat). To find live chat in the first place I eventually had to google it. Don't bother with the chat bot, just enter 'speak to agent'. They're usually quite quick and efficient though tbf

Thanks a million for that sy_flembeck. But when you say a dummy booking is it not possible that you'd unwittingly make a real booking? And that would be no bad thing either, lol :pac:

But I'll give that a try, plus live chat as well. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭coleen

I sent them a message on Facebook messenger and I was replied to by chat bot but I said I want to speak to an agent .
    I sent my voucher number and was told how much my voucher was worth

But when you say a dummy booking is it not possible that you'd unwittingly make a real booking? And that would be no bad thing either, lol :pac:

And I'll come with you!! :D

Thanks guys for replying.:)

• Advertisement

An update on that. After a long wait I got through this morning to customer service and was able to find out about most of my vouchers, which like all vouchers, have automatically been extended to January 2022.

I say most because you have to give them a ton of details before they'll give you the information such as the card numbers you used for booking. I couldn't give them one of the card numbers so they wouldn't tell me re that voucher, but at least now I've a fair idea where I stand.

I also got reassurance that if you don't use a voucher the money eventually goes back into your account without you having to do anything. But they'll probably keep extending the vouchers to avoid refunding.

Anyway, thanks to those who replied and hope this will help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

An update on that. After a long wait I got through this morning to customer service and was able to find out about most of my vouchers, which like all vouchers, have automatically been extended to January 2022.

Have people been told that their vouchers have been automatically extended to 2022. I booked using "gift vouchers" rather than cancelled airline flight vouchers. Have they extended the life on their "gift vouchers"?

Have people been told that their vouchers have been automatically extended to 2022. I booked using "gift vouchers" rather than cancelled airline flight vouchers. Have they extended the life on their "gift vouchers"?

Yes. I used a voucher and as part of my refund it came back extended. Same with room credit

Yes. I used a voucher and as part of my refund it came back extended. Same with room credit

.....and this was a Gift Voucher that you used and not a refund voucher for a cancelled flight. Two different things.

.....and this was a Gift Voucher that you used and not a refund voucher for a cancelled flight. Two different things.

Yep, gift voucher I received when I took early retirement in late 2019 in order to travel :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yep, gift voucher I received when I took early retirement in late 2019 in order to travel :rolleyes:

That's great. I have two replaced Gift Vouchers that have an end date of September and October 2021.

Having these extended to January 2022 will give a better selection of flights for 2022 than if I had to book in September 2021.

Hopefully they will get rid of the requirement to wear masks on flights by then.

Advertisement