Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gracefully Exiting a conversation with somebody who was never going to do bus never

Options
  • 29-03-2021 4:30pm

This scenario is commonplace in Ireland and has become more prevalent with the pandemic.

You've met up with someone who replied it contacted you, but it becomes clear at a point that theyre not going to engage.

Do you employ any particular strategy to walk away, so that the other party cannot say later you were rude etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Look for an opportunity to say "It was nice to meet you and thank you for your time" or "I'll leave it with you". Ultimately nobody is obliged to do business with you so don't take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I generally try to offer value straight away in the reply e.g. Here is how we could do this when suits for a call? Get them on a call, get an outline of the project/concern.

The less time you take to offer some value to the lead, the more likely you are to land them I find. The reason is they are likely shopping around so if you are the first to help them, you're in a much stronger position to close.

After that, follow up with an email. Wait a week or two. Follow up again if no reply. Then, remove them from your sales pipeline and don't worry about it.

Another tactic I've found successful is either asking for their budget in the contact form (If you start leads that way) or during the first call /email. You can quickly determine if they are serious based on your industry rates and gives you a quick exit.

Advertisement