Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low profile shower tray

Options
  • 29-03-2021 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Converting a utility to en suite and considering low profile tray in thinking of when my elderly mother might use it. But are they effective? Obviously the margin of error is less than the 80mm should at any point it be slow to drain. Or should I be optimistic that the plumbing will be excellent and this may never happen??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It depends on a few things. The Fall on the waste pipe has to be good. This is going to be more noticeable with higher pressure showers.

If it were me & it had good fall I'd forget about the tray and make it a walk in shower /shower room. Even the low profile tray can be difficult for your mum in a few more years so you'd be future proofing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It depends on a few things. The Fall on the waste pipe has to be good. This is going to be more noticeable with higher pressure showers.

If it were me & it had good fall I'd forget about the tray and make it a walk in shower /shower room. Even the low profile tray can be difficult for your mum in a few more years so you'd be future proofing it.

Thanks for your reply. I'm iffy about a walk in as it's a small ensuite 5.ft * 3.5ft and not sure about the whole floor being wet as such.

Advertisement