Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiper motor Renault

Options
  • 29-03-2021 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

2010 Renault Grand Scenic. The passenger wiper gets stuck vertical. Has been happening quite a while. Yesterday as I was driving in heavy rain with wiper speed on full I noticed the driver side wiper acting up and eventually slowed down. Would not go any other speed after that.

This morning I tried and now it is just stuttering. Passenger side not moving either.

I had a look online and there is plenty of mention about water build up under motor but there is no pool of water on either side (I even put car on a slope and still no water build up.)

To get access to fuse for these motors I need to replace battery which I dont fancy doing. I'd rather rule out other things first.

I have the wiper arms replaced from the spindels. Was thinking of just spraying wd40 on the spindle part. I disconnected and cleaned the electrical connectors buy they were dry anyway.

Sure any tips on what else I can try before checking fuses would be great.

Got a price of 400 euro for two second hand wiper motors :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You checked the linkage was ok?
    Check the motors will move without wiper arms attached. If not they are probably burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

This model has two individual motors with no linkage that I am aware of. The driver one is moving normally now. So maybe it was water related.

The passenger one doesnt move at all. I am in the process of removing it but It seems connected to something through dash even though no cables are running that way. Need to look up a manual

I just needed to yank it. Does seem like it has been submerged in water.

I took it out and have it on a radiator. Will attach it later tonight see if that sorts it. I unraveled a close hanger to see if that drainage area near the motor was blocked and it didnt seem to be.

Sure will see how it goes later. At least the driver side one is working now. Will be delighted if I dont have to fork out 400

well the passenger side wiper motor is moving back and forth but not making a full turn. maybe 20% turn and back. I don't have the wiper mounted on it so just the spindle I am looking at.

I took car for a spin and I notice the driver side wiper wont got full speed. I but the sprayer on and tried a few times and in a few situations the blade just stopped middle of window and wouldnt move.

I think the safest thing to do is get them both replaced. No point risking with this stuff in wet wet Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

The joys of driving a Renault! :P Their is lad in Cork breaking them he does my repairs and is very good.

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    The joys of driving a Renault! :P Their is lad in Cork breaking them he does my repairs and is very good.

I think I booked the same lad for Wednesday. Up in the north side. Still 200 a piece for second hand. He said new its like 500. Gonna see what other bits I can replace from his yard.

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I think I booked the same lad for Wednesday. Up in the north side. Still 200 a piece for second hand. He said new its like 500. Gonna see what other bits I can replace from his yard.

Ha Ha small World he fixed a problem in my Car that a main dealer couldn't sort. I totally recommend him he's a very nice guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kvnt

Could you pm me the next of the lad who scraps them, I have the exact same issue with my parents car and need to get a motor for them

kvnt wrote: »
    Could you pm me the next of the lad who scraps them, I have the exact same issue with my parents car and need to get a motor for them

https://g.co/kgs/PEkxN9

Advertisement