Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart thermostat upgrade questions?

Options
  • 28-03-2021 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm looking at upgrading my thermostat to something I can control and set up from my phone. the current system works, but is a nightmare to program.

I recently had a new combi boiler installed and the electrician added thermostats to the upstairs and downstairs. Also i've a back boiler on the stove too.

Would appreciate any advice, what do I need to replace? Is it just a matter of swapping out the unit on the wall or do I need to replace the room thermostats with ones compatible with the smart unit?

Also, I'm thinking google nest, but would love to hear more ideas.

I've added photos of my current set up.

2mtLPHA.jpg?1
    JC3GXTm.jpg?1
    ybLXgRZ.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

You can rule out the nest , unless you want to buy multiple ones.

Each nest can only handle 1 heating zone & 1 hot water zone. For multiple heating zones you need multiple nests. It makes it unfeasible fast.

Looking at your current setup , i wonder if the EPH Ember 4 zone system might be a good fit. Others who have experience with it may know more.

Advertisement