Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android to PC Connect Laptop not PC?

• 28-03-2021 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭

Have a rooted One + 7 pro phone and have developer options in order to transfer files from phone to PC using windows 10

So connected phone with cable onto Desktop. The phone appears on windows explorer and then keeps on disappearing when I change it to file transfer.
    Tried different ports and different cables and same issue

Then tried it on Laptop using Win 10 and can transfer it no issues it comes up

Have the latest drivers and windows update is up to date?

Any other suggestions that I can check and searching google and cant seem to find the solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You don't need developer options or root to transfer files, you just need to plug the phone in and allow the PC access to the data when it pops up on the phone. It will then appear as any drive would and you can drag, drop and copy files as is your want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Inquitus wrote: »
    You don't need developer options or root to transfer files, you just need to plug the phone in and allow the PC access to the data when it pops up on the phone. It will then appear as any drive would and you can drag, drop and copy files as is your want.

It does show up as a drive then disappears then reappears. So copy file from phone paste it to pc but can't as its disconnecting. I can connect other external drive etc and no problems there. They show up it's just phone but it shows up on laptop no issues. Thus thinking it's something to do with desktop settings other than phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Only ever happened to me if the cable is dodgy, got wet or chewed by the dog. Try another cable first up.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Only ever happened to me if the cable is dodgy, got wet or chewed by the dog. Try another cable first up.

Tried 2 different cables and same thing. Both cables worked on laptop.

Not sure if something to do with the driver on desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Try a different usb port on the computer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

You could try Bluetooth, or even a cloud storage app like OneDrive/Dropbox etc.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Try a different usb port on the computer

Thought I did that but did not check them all. Relatively new build and has 4 usb ports one for bluetooth, one for mouse, one for keyboard and changed it and it worked?

Not sure why it works on one an not the other?

Anyway sorted thanks

Advertisement