Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Ideapad 5 Usb-C charging not working

Options
  • 27-03-2021 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

Hi have the Ideapad 5 from the bargain alerts thread last year and it's stopped charging through USB C, Laptop is completely dead charging light night not even coming on. USB C charger is it's self still working tested it with phones and a lenovo chromebook I have. Tried the resets I'd seen online of holding power button and novo bios reset button. No joy.

The laptop does have the normal old style ac adaptor to trying to decide if it's worth the gamble to buy this before I contact lenovo. Don't want to have to open it to back up the harddrive before sending it back. Most of what's on it should be backed up on Onedrive anyways. Need to get it working Asap as my daughter is using it for school than fully it's been timed with Easter holidays but she still needs it for homework.

Seem's like it's an issue with bios on Thinkpads previously. Cure is to update drivers but not sure how you do that when the laptop won't power on!

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nearly-all-thinkpads-have-defective-usb-c-ports-what-to-do-now

Anything else I can try or will I just order a round pin charger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Ryath wrote: »
    Hi have the Ideapad 5 from the bargain alerts thread last year and it's stopped charging through USB C, Laptop is completely dead charging light night not even coming on. USB C charger is it's self still working tested it with phones and a lenovo chromebook I have. Tried the resets I'd seen online of holding power button and novo bios reset button. No joy.

The laptop does have the normal old style ac adaptor to trying to decide if it's worth the gamble to buy this before I contact lenovo. Don't want to have to open it to back up the harddrive before sending it back. Most of what's on it should be backed up on Onedrive anyways. Need to get it working Asap as my daughter is using it for school than fully it's been timed with Easter holidays but she still needs it for homework.

Seem's like it's an issue with bios on Thinkpads previously. Cure is to update drivers but not sure how you do that when the laptop won't power on!

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nearly-all-thinkpads-have-defective-usb-c-ports-what-to-do-now

Anything else I can try or will I just order a round pin charger?

My display died, it was charging fine but nothing appearing on screen. Sent it back in Feb
    They got back to me 4 weeks later it needed a new part (they wouldn't tell me which one) and wouldn't be in until may. They ended up giving me a refund id have preferred a working laptop to be honest. But at least I'm not out of cash.

I'd send it back. It could die completely a week after warranty ends and then you'd be stuck

Advertisement