Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk buy for road tubes- any interest?

Options
  • 27-03-2021 4:59pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any interest in a bulk buy for road tubes, after 3 issues on the way home with a puncture, and two failed valves, I think its time to accept my reused tubes might need replacement/back ups.

Looking around and I can pick up Conti tubes for a reasonable price if I bulk buy, If I get enough interest here and people are close enough to South Dublin/North Wicklow, I will do a bulk buy and drop off on my commute. Looking at the prices, I can do postage for a fiver if you are further away.

Conti Race 28 60mm - €4 each
    Conti Race 28 80mm - €3.5 each
    Conti Race 28 Wide 60mm - €5each

If you have interest, just reply with the number and type you want and if I have enough interest by Tuesday morning I'll place an order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

4 x 60mm @ €4
    4 x 80mm @ €3.5

Based in Shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Would be intersted although would have to post. Some german websites do workshop packs like you would get in a shop, so would also be interested if people were willing to buy chain packs etc.?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

C3PO wrote: »
    4 x 60mm @ €4
    4 x 80mm @ €3.5

Based in Shankill
    Pass through everyday so shouldn't be an issue
    Tony04 wrote: »
    Would be intersted although would have to post. Some german websites do workshop packs like you would get in a shop, so would also be interested if people were willing to buy chain packs etc.?
    Dropped you a PM there, I can add other stuff in if there is interest and stretch out the order date.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CramCycle wrote: »
    ... and two failed valves....

Conti Race 28 80mm - €3.5 each
    Conti Race 28 Wide 60mm - €5each
    Just curious as to why you'd use Conti's again. Aren't they known for valve problems?

Just curious as to why you'd use Conti's again. Aren't they known for valve problems?

I had never heard that, tubes that had valve issues are a few years old and rattling around in my bag, think one was Conti and the other Schwalbe. Regardless, it was simply a good offer on the bulk buy, not brand loyalty.

• Advertisement

Tony04 wrote: »
    Had a look at the link you sent, over 6 weeks out and in the current climate, that could be a good bit further, so I'm going to leave them.

Since there wasn't much interest I have only bulk bought one size:

If you have interest, you can PM me or reply in thread. Delivery free if local to me or else €5 regardless of the number.
    C3PO wrote: »
    4 x 60mm @ €4

I'll PM you when they are here if your still interested, no worries if you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Bought a six pack of conti about two years ago had two with valve issues might have been unlucky but that was my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Recently had 3 contis in a row with valve core issues. They were old mind you, so putting it down to general perishment, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

€3.50 for an inner tune is expensive.
    Just buy generic ones

I bulk bought these Decathlon ones for €1.50 each before they were discontinued

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

CramCycle wrote: »
    Since there wasn't much interest I have only bulk bought one size:

If you have interest, you can PM me or reply in thread. Delivery free if local to me or else €5 regardless of the number.

I'll PM you when they are here if your still interested, no worries if you are not.

I’m good with that thanks.

I’ve never had any issues with Conti tubes and use them most of the time - maybe I’ve just been lucky?

Advertisement