Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet, Filling Very Slowly

Options
  • 27-03-2021 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello folks.

I have a problem with slow filling of the toilet. It was grand last week but now it takes a long time to fill and I have to wait quite a while for it to get enough water in to flush. The video is below as to the problem.

I was thinking it might be the filter valve on the pipe connection at the back of the toilet entry point that might be a bit blocked but I'm not sure if that is the cause.

Any idea's? Thanks in advance.

Video...

Oort

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭spuddy4711

Turn off the cold water supply to the cistern, valve may be close by or in hot press.
    Then dismantle the feed valve, take pics to help put it back. There may be blockage at input filter.
    If everything looks ok, check if you have adequate water pressure feeding the cistern, it should gush out as soon as you open the supply valve, so have a towel ready. Plumbing suppliers are open, they will help you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭John.G

If adequate filling pressure proven then maybe better off just renewing the filling part, that little of dribble of water from the top is, I think, just a vacuum breaker, I had to throttle the mains to one of these types as that jet of water was hitting the side of the cistern and spraying onto the underside of the lid and dribbling down the outside of the cistern.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Hey, thanks a lot folks for the information. I tried to find the cut-off point for the toilet water supply and I couldn't find it as it is a very old bungalow house. The cut-off point was in the tiny attic. I got a plumber out to sort it so thanks very much for your help replies at the time.

Best wishes

Oort

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Advertisement