Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing outdoor junction box to fence post

Options
  • 26-03-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

An outdoor junction box is hanging loose, I'm unsure how the fixing on the post ever held it as there does not appear to be a round slot in the top middle for the fitting, it does not fit in the centre of it, though it looks like it should.
    etQGW9.jpg

Please can I get some suggestions on how I fix this in place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

boardtc wrote: »
    An outdoor junction box is hanging loose, I'm unsure how the fixing on the post ever held it as there does not appear to be a round slot in the top middle for the fitting, it does not fit in the centre of it, though it looks like it should.
    etQGW9.jpg

Please can I get some suggestions on how I fix this in place?

It just pushes back into place. Perhaps the clips are broken. You could take the cover off and screw it to the post or use some tie wraps.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

It's a friction fit - either you're not pushing on it hard enough, or the two tabs at each end are splayed enough that the teeth aren't engaging (bend the tabs inwards slightly wowards each other if that's the case).

If you do go the route of screwing the box to the post, put silicon around the screw heads to prevent water ingress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

On that box, I'm pretty sure the screw holes are not part of the sealed box, so you can work away without worrying about water.

Advertisement