Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barn door or pocket door.

Options
  • 25-03-2021 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Looking for advice.
    I want to put in a door between living area and kitchen there is an opening of 1902mm. And remain to the left is 1843mm . Total length of the wall all is 3745, Its a block wall. Don't really mind if it's barn door or if I have to install all a pocket door system and cover with plasterboard. Any recommendations for timber I could use that will be late weight for the barn door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Does it have to be 1 large door or could you have 2 single sliding doors sliding in the same direction.
    What style were you thinking of, are you matching other doors in the house ?
    Will they be open or closed most of the time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shelly0

DIY KING wrote: »
    Does it have to be 1 large door or could you have 2 single sliding doors sliding in the same direction.
    What style were you thinking of, are you matching other doors in the house ?
    Will they be open or closed most of the time ?

It wouldn't need just one door but there's only room to come from direction. The other doors in the house are oak shaker, I like to match but if couldn't I would probably go a more rustic and darker.

The door will be open most of the time. We enjoy the open plan but on occasion be great to separate the room up by pulling a door a cross.

Advertisement