Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Takes 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭quokula

It's getting quite a lot of good reviews for plot too, the subject matter seems to be very divisive. Looks like an excellent game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, looks genuinely fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

saw this earlier today and watching a small video review has me turned, wife traditionally isnt crazy on 3d games but hopefully this will help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The dude from Eurogamer that reviewed it must still be smarting from his own divorce...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Looks great, watched a stream of it earlier - €39.99 great though? hmmmm ....

• Advertisement

Caved and bought it, showed a review to my daughter and she wants to play it with me, that's my excuse anyway, also had a spare €5+ on Steam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played it with the wife, this is a very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Looks great...apart from local coop I guess the other player needs to own it as well?

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Looks great...apart from local coop I guess the other player needs to own it as well?

I think if you buy it you get a 'friend pass' allowing one other player to play with you online, they don't need to own the game

[edit] Yup, seems the other player just needs to d/l friend pass for the game and they can join you: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1504980/It_Takes_Two_Friends_Pass/

It was this review that pushed me to buy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSOR1f7kFA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Thanks Thecageyone. Downloading as we speak :)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

Thanks Thecageyone. Downloading as we speak :)

Nice, enjoy, I should be playing it a bit later - after the footy. I downloaded it last night but it took ages so never bothered starting it - I just know from that review and the stream I watched that I'll enjoy it

Gave it a bash with my daughter tonight, we got to the 2nd Boss [I think?] Saw dude ... seemed much more hit and miss than the first one, we died ... a LOT! so gave in there for now, good fun overall [couldn't care less about the storyline tbh] and it really does push for co-operation - so play with someone who's a good communicater I'd suggest - Imagine if I played this with my missus we'd be close to actual divorce

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Playing it with the missus tonight, if I don't report back she has killed me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's great fun, loving it so far. Feels like playing a Pixar movie at times. The bosses are fantastic too, especially the Toolbox.

Incidentally, I don't get all the hate for the Book of Love. I think he's funny. It's a shame to see him portrayed as "racist" and in poor taste by reviewers just because he's a latino with a sexy voice. I guess that means Puss in Boots is racist too? I'd wonder if any latinos would actually be offended?

Xyo wrote: »
    Playing it with the missus tonight, if I don't report back she has killed me :)

Best of luck with that! lol

We played another 1.5hrs or so last night, this game really is varied and it's a nice level of challenge too. Pace can be relentless in some section, like there's no real down time it's challenge on to challenge, hard to know where to save at times though it will autosave after specific events. Sometimes it feels easy and you're coasting, then you're stumped for a bit on 'wtf do we do here' sections, but once it clicks you feel all clever :D

There's a couple of annoying things about the game but it's best players find that for themselves, but overall it's great fun and will test your patience with whoever you decide to play with [see how long it is till you're screaming "you got us killed there! what are doing??"]

Cina wrote: »
    It's great fun, loving it so far. Feels like playing a Pixar movie at times. The bosses are fantastic too, especially the Toolbox.

Incidentally, I don't get all the hate for the Book of Love. I think he's funny. It's a shame to see him portrayed as "racist" and in poor taste by reviewers just because he's a latino with a sexy voice. I guess that means Puss in Boots is racist too? I'd wonder if any latinos would actually be offended?

Ha, it's one of the annoyances I hinted at above, can't stand the book, find him really nauseating as does my daughter. I think it might be that he seems a rip off of characters in some animation movies like Puss in Boots or characters from the likes of Coco - I mean, it's not hair pulling irritating, just enough to make me want to skip those moments - they're just not funny IMO.

The Toolbox was where we got stuck first night, when we switched on last night we were right at that battle and done it in one :)

We passed the third last night too and [don't read unless you're well passed third boss
    Qeen Bee and got through the aeriel combat section Vs the squirrels after

Might play some more later, not certain how long the game is but we've put about 4hrs into it I think, I think one of the reviewers said it's about 10hrs, which for a co-op game is decent enough if the quality of level design and challenges hold up throughout. So far all the challenges have been different enough, no sloppy rinse repeat and the design of the various areas has been impressive across the board, no dull or boring areas - each new place impresses and you want to explore every inch

On a side note, for those who might have XBGP for PC with EA sports inc, if you're having issues with this game not opening and giving you a message than you can only have one instance of EA or Origin open at one time, you need to quit XBGP, even if it' not active, as it's reading that you have EA open through there. It's annoying, as I bought this on steam but I'm still forced to open Origin to log in to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Me and the wife are loving it. Challenging enough adn find the comedy and setting spot on.

As for the Dr hakim Big fan haha

Just finished our third session of it, the puzzles do get steadily tougher but remain enjoyable - we're at the 4th boss
    Flying saucer monkey with lasers on the Space/portal level, think he's 4th at least, not sure if the giant Beetle counts as one then this would be 5th? Vacuum, Toolbox, Beetle, Queen Bee ... then this guy?
    and left it there for now, after an interesting level with portals. Some sections will have you scratching your head until you figure them out, but it really does feel rewarding once you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hopefully this comes to Switch. Would love to give it a go.

Oooooh, we found 'THAT' level ... best of luck once you find it .... one word: Kaleidoscope

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Playing this with my wife last night. It's such fun. Nothing overly complicated, but its a good challenge for herself who probably hasn't played anything on console since Little Big Planet 3. It's a great experience talking through the puzzles while trying to progress.

Risked divorce by
    recalling one of the nails she was trying to swing from with the hammer
    :pac:

fixXxer wrote: »
    Playing this with my wife last night. It's such fun. Nothing overly complicated, but its a good challenge for herself who probably hasn't played anything on console since Little Big Planet 3. It's a great experience talking through the puzzles while trying to progress.

Risked divorce by
    recalling one of the nails she was trying to swing from with the hammer
    :pac:

:pac: I was the hammer and my daughter done that to me, very annoying!

It does get trickier each level, the one we played last night was tough enough even for a regular-ish gamer like myself. There is a jump section that will test your patience, be warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Bought this on recommendation from this thread. Started it with the girlfriend last night and we're throughly enjoying it. Only as far as the toolbox boss for now.

The puzzles are good. Nothing hard that you'd need a walkthrough on but enough to take a minute or two to figure out. The book guy is kinda funny and don't find him annoying. Definitely feels like an interactive Pixar movie.

The book is still doing my head in :D but some seem to like him. We just groan when he appears now, nothing game ruining just a mild irritation. Thankfully he only appears for about 10 seconds each time

The levels do get trickier but not had to google any of them ... yet! You will always work it out between you

Advertisement