Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso delivery times

Options
  • 24-03-2021 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

I only bought my nespresso machine in January and placed my first order on the 14th March, which still hasn't arrived. I've contacted there online help twice, and they've been very nice, but they're not sorting it for me. It's a vertuo machine I bought so I can't get generic capsules for it, and I'm so disappointed that I bought it now. I got 100 free capsules with the machine so ordered a recycling collection on the 14th as well, and that's still sitting on the windowsill. Is this the norm with nespresso or have I just been unlucky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I placed my first capsule order on the 17 March and had it the morning of the 19th. Sounds like you were unlucky, or maybe I was lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I think you've just been very unlucky OP. I order regularly from Nespresso and so far never an issue with deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I think I'm just unlucky too. They dispatched a new order this morning and the original one arrived this afternoon! Couriers usually just drop stuff on the front step so going to have to keep an eye out to hopefully catch the next order and refuse delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

I ordered 300 capsules on Tuesday and they arrived Wednesday and Thursday! Looks like it got fulfilled twice but I was only charged once. Ever happen to anyone else? What would you do? Would you tell Nespresso?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

nah keep them

• Advertisement

Zaney wrote: »
    I ordered 300 capsules on Tuesday and they arrived Wednesday and Thursday! Looks like it got fulfilled twice but I was only charged once. Ever happen to anyone else? What would you do? Would you tell Nespresso?

To be honest if it was 50 or even 100 I'd probably keep them. I don't think I'd keep 300 though. Although if you contact them they might see it as too costly to send a courier for them so may let you keep them anyway

Whiplashy wrote: »
    To be honest if it was 50 or even 100 I'd probably keep them. I don't think I'd keep 300 though. Although if you contact them they might see it as too costly to send a courier for them so may let you keep them anyway

Seems to me that they must have some checking system and would miss 300 capsules at some point. Maybe they’re just so huge it gets overlooked. I’m kinda curious to see what will happen if I tell them. I won’t mind paying, but would be very annoyed if they don’t give me some kind of discount for my honesty, I don’t really want 600 capsules taking up space in the cupboard.

nah keep them

Tempted, especially to avoid any hassle in sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Zaney wrote: »

Say nothing, it's a regular enough thing. The fulfillment warehouse in Dublin is notorious for double picking.....:D

My order finally arrived on Thursday. It also arrived again this morning because they had dispatched a second one. I contacted them Thursday to get them to cancel the second order as it only went through Wednesday night, but it was obviously too late. At least they finally collected the recycling *shrug* Coffee really shouldn't be this hard

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    My order finally arrived on Thursday. It also arrived again this morning because they had dispatched a second one. I contacted them Thursday to get them to cancel the second order as it only went through Wednesday night, but it was obviously too late. At least they finally collected the recycling *shrug* Coffee really shouldn't be this hard

Nespresso got back to me and said I could keep the second delivery as there is damage to the box so they couldn't resell. Delighted because there was an aerochino in the order :D Going to put it up for when the other one dies. Also got 50 capsules and a descaling kit. I forgive them now for all the hassle :D The boxes are nearly all damaged but the products themselves are in tact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I ordered my Vertuo Plus machine at 6.30pm yesterday evening and it arrived at 10.30am this morning ! That's what I call fast service. The 50 free pods and another box containing 11 pods of various flavours also arrived, so I'm up and running already. In the short time I've had it, very impressed, at long last I can have a full mug of coffee from one pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

galtee boy wrote: »
    I ordered my Vertuo Plus machine at 6.30pm yesterday evening and it arrived at 10.30am this morning ! That's what I call fast service. The 50 free pods and another box containing 11 pods of various flavours also arrived, so I'm up and running already. In the short time I've had it, very impressed, at long last I can have a full mug of coffee from one pod.

Would be very interested to see how it compares. I generally use 3 pods in a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Marcusm wrote: »
    Would be very interested to see how it compares. I generally use 3 pods in a mug.

So far, brilliant. The mug size pod, 230ml fills an average mug right to within a few mm of the top, not much room for milk, but it's so creamy that for the first time ever, I've stopped putting milk in my coffee. There's a lungo pod, 150ml, that fills an average mug about three quarters, so that might suit some people better. All pods come with the crema finish, even the decaf ones my wife uses, I love the cream effect, but maybe some might not. Like the original pods, you need to try different ones to find your favourites, but after only a few days, I'm hooked on Vertuo Plus, no going back to original pods for me.

Advertisement