Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Revenue ICT job, Administrative Officer, 2021, Closing March 30th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ Hydration

Anybody apply for this competition or here back anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Grainne Q

Hydration wrote: »
    Anybody apply for this competition or here back anything yet?

I applied but haven't heard anything yet, other than an automated response straight after submission.

Grainne Q wrote: »
    I applied but haven't heard anything yet, other than an automated response straight after submission.

Yeah same with me, probably be a few weeks I am guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerastiS

Didn't they say they want to offer May and October start dates? I don't know how they'll hit that with people having to give notice in their existing jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭ Zipppy

I was offered a position at AO ICT Revenue a few years back, at the 3rd attempt - I really wanted it!
    Turned it down at last min when I discovered I'd be programming in Java for the first 3 years..Had enough of programming at this stage so I declined..
    I always wonder how it would have been..never know now I guess..
    Hope ye all get what you desire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭ rostalof

Did anybody hear anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerastiS

Nothing here. I'd love to know how many applications they get.

Did not hear anything as of yet either.

Had a mail from them this morning

Had a mail from them this morning

Same here.

• Advertisement

Just had another email, with a date for an interview, anyone else had the same?

It mentions doing a 5 minute presentation, but then says 'share screen' won't be available, so you have to send them a one page Word doc summary instead.

Does this mean they're just looking at you speaking about the topic for 5 mins?

Just had another email, with a date for an interview, anyone else had the same?

It mentions doing a 5 minute presentation, but then says 'share screen' won't be available, so you have to send them a one page Word doc summary instead.

Does this mean they're just looking at you speaking about the topic for 5 mins?

Got the same email. Looks like we speak for 5 minutes, then they grill us on the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭ kingoffifa

hi all, does anyone have any idea what roles would be available in Mayo? curious as to whether the software dev roles would be in mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kornadd21

Hi all, does anyone got a job?

Has anyone that's done an interview heard anything back from it? I'd an interview 2 weeks ago & thought I might have heard something by now ...

Has anyone that's done an interview heard anything back from it? I'd an interview 2 weeks ago & thought I might have heard something by now ...

Yes, I got an email today around 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ji2000

Got offered a post. Was told that training going to be performed online. Any idea if it is going to be blended training/work arrangement etc? Also what is it be like to work as AO ICT for Revenue what would work be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bernard12

what area did they hire you in Ji2000?

Anyone apply for the revenue ICT AO that had the closing date in June 2021? Also anyone start roles yet - how long did the whole process take? I applied for accounting and taxation role. Had an interview and three weeks Later no update on results yet! Just generalwant an insight as never applied for a civil service job before so don’t know how it works! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,534 ✭✭✭✭ the_syco

Did you get a number yet?

With the EO ICT, I did the interview, got a number a month later. The number means you get placement after the number lower than you, but doesn't mean a time of when you get the placement. I got 21, I got placed 2 months after the interview. People had gotten the number 10 in previous competitions, but took several months as someone before him gave their employer a few months notice, or some such BS.

• Advertisement

Hi there

got my results during the week got number 52 for all of Ireland but didn’t give me a number of each location I choose (I picked four locations but my main one was Dublin) so maybe that will follow in a few days or should I request it? Also email didn’t give me a a breakdown of how I did in each competency so maybe I need to request that also? Thanks for the feedback :-)

52 for "all of Ireland" is odd, as they mostly gives numbers per county.

No idea as haven’t done it before but here it the extract from the email? Maybe I’m understanding it incorrectly?

Perhaps it was different for me as I only picked one area (Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SonicHook

I got 28th. There's an email you can send to in order to get your locality ranking. Autoreply basically says "don't hold your breath." 🙄

Hi there

I relied and go the breakdown within a day so give it a whirl! Did you try it? I got 11th Dublin.

Thats not how placing from panels works. As soon as a position arises to be filled they move to the next person on the panel and offer it to them. If candidate X is offered a job with department A but has to work out 2 months notice, if he's accepted the job with department A, and there's a narrow time frame to accept, then that's between X an A. So when a job arises with Department B, it's offered to the next candidate on the panel, candidate Y. The whole system would grind to a complete halt if they stopped allocating positions because somebody had to work out a long notice period.

Thanks that’s really helpful! So hopefully hear something in the next few months.🤞🏻

• Advertisement
Advertisement